Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tensions are rising in Ford Global Headquarters over the Explorer-Firestone debarcle. Ford Chairman William Clay Ford is believed to be moving to force an executive overhaul at the worlds second biggest vehicle manufacturer. Apparantley these two have been blaming each other for the spate of accidents in the Ford Explorer.
PPPHHHTTT......Cat fight..(lol)
Mr Ford wants Mr Nassar to share some of his workload by promoting junior executives. Jac on his way out..??????

BUT..!!!!!!! in what could be the most serious illustration of Mr Fords concern, he is reported to want Mr Nassar to pay more attention to quality in Ford cars. Finally we get some action..

sourced from Page 58 The Daily Telegraph June 4th 2001.
www.news.com.au

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Quality concerns in a Ford Falcon? I thought the Commodore was the benchmark for poor quality! he he he. :D
Rastus.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
HSE2 said:
Ok of those guys with AU or later how do you rate the quality of your cars
HSE2

The AUII XR8 was my 1st brand new car and the only thing I was upset with was the quality of the water based paint that they now use, quality control on the paint job sucked badly but I got to give credit to everything else.

You have to understand I can pull anything apart nwithin 5 minutes but it takes me 2 hours to put it back again with part left over, so alot of probs that I have had are owner faults

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm content with both my XR's at the moment, being option 20 (police)I cant complain. never driven a standard XR so I have no comment. Never liked the Tickford I had, lacked top end grunt, and had strange suspension feel to it. Mind you it was a special build By Tickford. All options. The guy who owned it before me was MD for Erricson Phones.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
HSE2 said:
Ok of those guys with AU or later how do you rate the quality of your cars
I know that my AU is pretty good. The only problems I've had with it are the delay switch for the headlights that doesn't work,(in the process of getting a replacement) and the bolts on the bi wing rear spoiler letting go on one leg..mind you that could've been anything. EG some prick reefing on it.
Rastus.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I am same as Laminge. Paint quality is not great but I have fixed that. The other things I have brought on myself.
I guess the steering rack was ordinary as is the diff but that is it!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm driving an AU rental at the moment and I have to agree the paint quality isn't too flash.
Might be imagining things but the interior plastics seems to be a cheaper quality too compared to my ED.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
gtho4 said:
I'm driving an AU rental at the moment and I have to agree the paint quality isn't too flash.
Might be imagining things but the interior plastics seems to be a cheaper quality too compared to my ED.
Yeah the plastic doesn't look like an improvement that is for sure. The centre console seems to react to heat changes by moaning and creeking too , but most cars do that!

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
My work ute is an AUII fitted with a service body on the back. Quality on the ute was ....mediocre... All suspension stuff was loose from the factory, had quite noticable tailshaft vibration (why don't they balance them, rather then dampen them - I know-cost)Tonka has a quite noticable squeak from the rear bushes (weighs in at 2.5t loaded) Last but not least - If you use the factory jacking point to try jacking the rear up when ute is fully loaded, the front wheel comes off ground instead - put jack under diff/spring mount instead. Am I happy, it's gotta be better than driving the alternatives.

·
V8 GT Capri Member
38 Posts
I am driving the new falcons and commodores at work,the new falcon has had headlight troubles,and the doors don't feel as strong to open and close as the commodores.The commodores have had alot of trouble with gas conversions and the cars are harsher to drive,and vibrate on idle. the falcon is more comfortable and i find it a smoother car to drive.;)

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I'm impressed with my AU2 Xr6. I guess I would agree with the comments on the paint work, but the interior is great, no complaints with the mechanicals either. Guess it would be interesting to see how we all answered this question 5 years from now, assuming we still own the same car.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THE DOCTOR said:

BUT..!!!!!!! in what could be the most serious illustration of Mr Fords concern, he is reported to want Mr Nassar to pay more attention to quality in Ford cars. Finally we get some action..
I don't think the quality of Aussie Fords haven't been too much of a problem as like in the US just more of image and performance.
That doesn't mean that they can't improve quality even more though.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
You guys got paint??.. :eek: I thought mine was orange peel.. :confused:

Seriously though, the only drama I have with my AU is the drivers window. Window rubbers don't seem to fit right so the window "rattles" a tad whilst driving. Turn the stereo up and all is forgotten. That said, I love driving it. Having driven the VT I can say the Falc sh*ts all over it. Much better "drivers" car. I'm very happy with it.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Paint is probably the No.1 issue I have with these cars. Holden aren't better though so where's the trend? The orange peel is really bad on bonnets and the Tickford nosecone. Although, some are better than others.

If I had to nominate anything on AU vehicles as needing improvement it would be paint. Then we could work on seals and windows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts