Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Australian Falcon Member
30 Posts
Where can you get extra Tickford badges........dealer???? or wreckers????? I want one for the back of the XR6

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are $15 ea. from Ford Dealers!
I had to get them on special order.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
I can get the Badges for about $5........

They just stick on...too easy

Yeah color code mirrors, see my car under thread my au xr8. Just had whole of mirror including black bit against door done, shouldnt cost any more than $50 a side:eek:

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments Guys!

I will get the mirrors colour coded when I get my side skirts (just the ones form the tickford body kit - i cant afford the whole kit just yet)

HSE2, Everything is fine with the car, no dramas. Just the high fuel consumption is a problem, other than that, she is sweet :) Thanks for asking. How is your XR going?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
jaytyn said:
Thanks for the comments Guys!

I will get the mirrors colour coded when I get my side skirts (just the ones form the tickford body kit - i cant afford the whole kit just yet)

HSE2, Everything is fine with the car, no dramas. Just the high fuel consumption is a problem, other than that, she is sweet :) Thanks for asking. How is your XR going?
Good to hear mate Any plans for the wheels?

Mine OK

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
fuel consumption

quote:

HSE2, Everything is fine with the car, no dramas. Just the high fuel consumption is a problem, other than that, she is sweet :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you have high fuel consumption on an AU 6 cylinder.Check your spark plug gap. If you buy genuine plugs from ford, (which are nippon denso plugs in a ford box) the plugs to suit will be gapped at 1.0 mm. This is the same plug that is used from EB (i think) onwards.

The correct plug gap for an AU 6 is 1.3 mm.

This does not apply for gas cars though.

Check your gap and let me know how you go. I also have another little trick to test your fuel consumption easily to get a good reading.

Regards

1 - 16 of 16 Posts