Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Maloo beat the Herrod XR8. What a shame. Although hardly a fair fight except on price.

Only one thing gets me - I wrote a letter bagging Ford for not putting the good product in the showrooms (ie. stop building show cars and start building real cars we can BUY) and saying how I don't like the look of the T-Series. They bag me and say buy a TE50. As Rove says - 'What THE...?' :confused:
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Herrod XR8; blueprinted 5.0 with alloy heads and GT40 intake stuff. Uprated exhaust. 250kW at 5800, 450Nm at 4100. $15000 over an XR8.

Car did 0-100 in 7.02 and 400m in 14.96.

Doesn't sound like 250kW to me with those times. The engine spec sounds very similar to the Synergy 220.
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weight unchanged from standard XR8.
 

·
blue blooded ford fan
Joined
·
190 Posts
thats farkin slow. fark this v8 expensive ****, im going back to ROTOR POWER!!
im getting an RX4 with a 13B race extend port and a 4 speed. good enuff for 13sec's. I cant believe the difference in costs it takes to build a 13 sec rotor compared to a 13 sec bent 8!!
-broomy
 

·
Ford Member
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Apparently Holden is developing a turbo V6 due at the end of 2003 or start of 2004 and the top version will have [email protected] & [email protected] They will also build alloy V8s here in 5.3,5.7 and 6.0 forms. The base version will have 500nm.

I dont know if Ford is building simmilar speced engines or not but as ive said before they should'nt be aiming to match what Holden has now but what they'll have in a couple of years. VY will get a 5 Auto deffinatly and theres hot rumours of gas discharge headlamps that create high night vision and allow for very creative lens shapes indicating that Fords ordinary effort with the AU means that Ford will be trying to fix its styling and get a new V8 while Holden just has to fine tune a well accepted product. I hope Ford does'nt get left behind with more stuff aswell as a 5 Auto and power outputs yet again. I could'nt buy a highline Falcon and have to listen to Holden people i know bragging about their exec having a 5 auto when i have a 4.

Motors response made no sense to your question Pete.

Motor states whet we knew already about Ford {before Geoff came along} not giving Tickford what they wanted. They also state that the fishermans bend are getting too cocky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
$15k for what exactly? They obviously have no idea on what the **** they are doing if its bearly breaking into the 14s. For that money I could get a EB V8 running 11s N/A!!

Herrod, have a look at what the yanks are getting out of the 5.0L and then try selling us something decent!

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Mag did a EFI 5.0L Build up and got [email protected] (I think) , stock displacement with 10:1 compression ratio with all of the parts easily available for decent prices (over there).
 

·
blue blooded ford fan
Joined
·
190 Posts
how about $5500 for a 13B turbo efi with mtx8 computer, 5speed, h/d clutch 3" exhaust,etc to run 11's!!
GO THE ROTOR :)
-broomy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
Broomy said:
how about $5500 for a 13B turbo efi with mtx8 computer, 5speed, h/d clutch 3" exhaust,etc to run 11's!!
GO THE ROTOR :)
-broomy

Yeah but that combo has to go into a 1970s sub-1000Kg vehicle with rear drum brakes, ****ty suspension, vinyl interior, wouldnt be all that streetable or reliable, can only carry you and your mate, and the cops will love it aswell ;)
 

·
blue blooded ford fan
Joined
·
190 Posts
actually it comes out of a 1985-1987 mazda rx7 and it is more streetable and reliable than any n/a rotor or bent 8 that can pull those times.
It will be going into a 1978 RX4 with selectmaz suspension and it has 4wd breaks.
Can only carry me and my mate?? haha whatever pal. Maybe in an rx7, or an r100
And why would the cops love me?? A turbo rotor has a nice smooth idle coz it is efi and the turbo drouns out the noise of the exhuast
**** u really shouldnt comment on stuff u dont know much about hey.
And whats the weight of the car got to do with anything. Just coz u need to have a tank to hold up the bent 8. hahaha
vinyl interior. hahaha. maybe, if it was an EX-TAXI.
-broomy
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bottom line is Ford needs to get PRODUCT INTO SHOWROOMS NOW. Every day is a bunch of lost sales to Holden, Toyota, and Mitsu.

Ford has the ability to deliver the product tomorrow if they want to. It's just a matter of shuffling mechanicals and options to catch up and leaving the new model for the step ahead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
Broomy said:

And why would the cops love me?? A turbo rotor has a nice smooth idle coz it is efi and the turbo drouns out the noise of the exhuast
**** u really shouldnt comment on stuff u dont know much about hey.
-broomy

HAHA the same can apply to you, I know of streetable V8s that run 8 and 9 second 1/4s, and if you think a rotor wont attract the cops your sadly mistaken!
I knew one who went out looking for them because he always knew he could find a defect, usually with the exhaust being too loud for starters.

Hell kid, if you ever build this thing ill be more than happy to see it.

Oh and I also use to know a guy with a 12sec RX3, it kept blowing diffs, gearboxes and Seals and also got 25L/100kms fuel economy. And he spent an absolute ****load before everything was running right.
 

·
Ford Member
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Not getting into a V8 vs 6 vs Rotor thing but i can say at the easternats nothing could get within a whisker of the V8 Capris there. Man those cars go!:p
 

·
T5 Expert Operator
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
We'll i guess i'm goin to get the motor mag to have a look at the herrod ute to see what tweaks they got to get it to 250kw. Geeez a 250kw ute should go faster than that surely. :( :(

Are they drivin it right:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW i'm not a fan of rotary engines, i'll have a V8 any day.
 

·
blue blooded ford fan
Joined
·
190 Posts
well, that quote was from rotorworx ($5500) and they are proven in their work. They ruun at calder every meet and have doen quite well.
I dont give a rats ass about fuel economy, and the exhaust dB levels can be quitened down with a resonator. If dickheads didnt use the correct one to get the exhaust below 93 dB then thats their fault.
I know a guy with a 327 in a torana, and that just lost a couple of cylinders. see, its not just rotors that blow up.
The RX4 has the strongest gearbox and diff of the RX range and most people use them in rx2,3,4's.
Did he build his rx3 himself??
did he jsut build the motor up, and expect the stock diff and g/box to take the power? Do u think that a stock diff and auto would take a 350hp v8? i dont think so.
And what do i care about the cops for? The car is imac so there is nuthin they can chuck a canary on it for.
I dont give a rats about the fuel economy coz a holley 750 double pumper on top of a bent 8 is just as bad.
I also know a guy with a 12A turbo rx3 also and his gearbox is breakin up in 4th and 5th.
-broomy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,023 Posts
Broomy said:
well, that quote was from rotorworx ($5500) and they are proven in their work. They ruun at calder every meet and have doen quite well.
I dont give a rats ass about fuel economy, and the exhaust dB levels can be quitened down with a resonator. If dickheads didnt use the correct one to get the exhaust below 93 dB then thats their fault.
I know a guy with a 327 in a torana, and that just lost a couple of cylinders. see, its not just rotors that blow up.
The RX4 has the strongest gearbox and diff of the RX range and most people use them in rx2,3,4's.
Did he build his rx3 himself??
did he jsut build the motor up, and expect the stock diff and g/box to take the power? Do u think that a stock diff and auto would take a 350hp v8? i dont think so.
And what do i care about the cops for? The car is imac so there is nuthin they can chuck a canary on it for.
I dont give a rats about the fuel economy coz a holley 750 double pumper on top of a bent 8 is just as bad.
I also know a guy with a 12A turbo rx3 also and his gearbox is breakin up in 4th and 5th.
-broomy

As far as I knew he bought the car used for $5k, and then spent atleast $10k ontop of that last time I spoke to him.

BTW: Its not that i dont like Rotors, its just that im a V8 Man. I nearly thought about buying a RX7 Series IV or V model but I quickly came to my senses ;):D
 

·
blue blooded ford fan
Joined
·
190 Posts
can i ask what he spent $10g on. im guessing that this is 10g on mechanical stuff.
-broomy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
There must be something wrong with that Herrod machine. Motor mods worth that much should see times better than a standard TE. Not a good add for Herrod either way:(
Wonder what the story is?
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
15 Participants
HSE2
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top