Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a drag day/nite for the whole of the club? As in Sydney, W'gong and NC? I don't know if you've ever held something of the kind, but I think it would be interesting to see how our cars stack up against one another on a drag strip. Mine would probably be the slowest out there, but still.

Does the club management approve of something like this? I'd be willing to take up the initiative to find out more info and possibly organise something if I've got your blessing.

G

·
Hey,

Kelli had posted a similar idea a few weeks ago... she was planning Wakefield park (topic dated 05-08-2001)...

As before, Count me in !!

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uhm, i remember kelli's post but i didn't know it would include drags as well.

kelli? what's the deal? drags in wakefield, or no drags?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just another thought......I'm sure we have all got some crapadore mates, why dont we ask them to come along and compare the two? It would be nice to put some of those 5.7's in there place. What do you think?

Cheers
Joe

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uh, geez mate...
if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, go for it! i'm not racing no crapadore because anything that's not stock will beat me.

*still waiting on kelli"

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've only got a 2.4l hiace, pretty sure you've got a better chance than me. I just wonna see the XR's kick some arse.

On a serious note thou it would be good to see the difference as compared to the figures you read in the magazines.

Cheers
Joe

G

·
Count ME in!!!
One the note of the bombodores, at Eastern Creek two weeks ago there were new 5.7lt shit heaps doing 17's all night. So i can see how in wheels and all other mags, how that can back up there 14 second journeys up the straight. But it would be a good nite/day. For sure.
Matt

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

I finally made it here....

The wakefield day is going to be more of a driver training day. I know we have gone really quiet on it lately, but thats cos we are trying to plan something special for the day.
I dont think we will be able to run drags at wakefield, cos if we do any timed events, we will need a lot more licences, and personel (and money).

There is always the Eastern creek off street drags, on the 1st and 3rd wednesday of the month.

:)
Kelli S

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so kelli, if we ran a timed event on our own, would we need CAMS licences? as in, if we ran drags on our own, would it be as much of a hassle as running them at wakefield?

G

·
I would be more than willing 2 race (FLOG) 300kw
crappadores, my best time 13.270.
Why don't we just set a date 2 attend a off street
meet at the creek?
I have a calender with dates 4 all street meets
this year....september 5 & 19
october 3 & 17
november 7 & 21
december 5 & 19.
Is anyone in the club racing at the Supernats ?

G

·
Drags against Crappadores!!!!

COUNT ME IN!!!!

the mighty ford person,

you shouold be able to beat any stock crappadore 6's since the falcons put out more kilo watts than the holden 6's... I think you'll have a chance!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts