Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i kno there has been alot of talk and questions in threads about supa lows lately... so ill try not to go on, but anyway.

I ordered the lot... front and rear springs and short shaft shockers for the front... what can i say? it looks grouse...

previously the height to the top of my guard was 660mm (tickford springs) and straight after it was 650mm, after a few short drives it is now aroud 645 but should drop to about 640 when finally settled in (so roughly an inch lower). at the rear it was 680 and it is now 655mm to the arch,(a bit over and inch) so i am happy with the results (any non tickford cars will drop about 2 inches due to higher ride height).

initial ride impressions is it is a fair bit firmer, and corners better... because it stays flatter thorugh the turns which is good. im very happy with results and recommend it to anyone!! i used King Spring BTW. i will post pics up soon, i hope this helps to anyone thinking of doing something similar!! cheers
shannon :hy:

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
pics! pics! pics!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
lol,ode666 as you know your driveway is a car killer if lowered..

oh well i cant wait to get my shocks so my superlows can go in *ner ner oed666* lol

yes pics me wanna see..

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
what shockers did you fit with the springs?
Hope they are good ones because superlows kill shockers very very quickly unless they are good!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
PICS!!!!! Stop tempting me! I am that close to ordering Whiteline Superlows on the 'net! (It'd be on credit so I am trying to hold off!)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
thanks hoon69, your a bastard too.

well at least i had 6 days to experience superlows on my car. and i still dream about having it superlow again. i reckon it should b law that all driveways should be made that exetremely lowered cars should be able to get in and out, without goin on rediculous angles.

the main priority for my house when i buy one, is that it must have a good driveway entry for my car, then i will be back to superlow :D

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
look forward to seeing how this looks :)
need to get my suspension sorted

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
OED666 said:
thanks hoon69, your a bastard too.

well at least i had 6 days to experience superlows on my car. and i still dream about having it superlow again. i reckon it should b law that all driveways should be made that exetremely lowered cars should be able to get in and out, without goin on rediculous angles.

the main priority for my house when i buy one, is that it must have a good driveway entry for my car, then i will be back to superlow :D
i have the same damn problem on my driveway i have to drive into nextdoors driveway entry and drive along footpath and run some pedestrians over before i can get into my drive way if i dont want to get stuck in the middle of the footpath driving in the normal way!!!

I wanna see pics too.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
John_xr6 said:
i have the same damn problem on my driveway i have to drive into nextdoors driveway entry and drive along footpath and run some pedestrians over before i can get into my drive way if i dont want to get stuck in the middle of the footpath driving in the normal way!!!

I wanna see pics too.
LMFAO.
just after i had my car lowered and it started scraping on the driveway, i tried next doors one to see if it was better. anywayz it was all good and yes it was heaps better. tehn one day the old granny that lived there came at me with teh broom !!!!!.. so ive never used her driveway again

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
when Rollin comes to my house and goes down my driveway, he has to start on our neighbours driveway, and then go onto mine. I dont think the neighbours mind, cuz its only now and then, but they would crack up if it was all the time!!!

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
MADNC_8 said:
tehn one day the old granny that lived there came at me with teh broom !!!!!.. so ive never used her driveway again
hahahahahaha.
im waiting for this to happen to me.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, due to popular demand ive gotten off my fat ass and took some pics... first of all heres a before shot!!! :p

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok... here it is... sorry about the light... i took them about half an hour ago!!! enjoy!!! :hy:

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and a last one of the front guards... as u can see theres not much clearance between the ground and the mudflap... bit over a inch! :hy:

hope yas like it... let me know what yas think!!! ill try and post better pics asap if wanted, cheers
shannon.

·
Fu(kn Slow & Low
479 Posts
i scrape heaps bad on driveways especially on my friends driveway, it caught my front muffler and ripped it right off, driving home with out any exhaust was fun though, been stuck heaps of times, but it still doesnt look low enough for me, i want to drop the back another half an inch to an inch, dont know yet, have to see with bigger wheels!! never had to drive along foot paths yet that sounds like fun!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
the first nite i had superlows i reversed into my driveway as i usually do, and the siderails were scraping on the concrete, the CAT dug a whole to china.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
... i saw the b4 pic first, but didnt realise it was a b4 pic :doh:

Looks heaps better.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
How are u going with insurance??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts