Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Sheridan Brown from Perth in Western Australia, and I've just become the proud owner of a Ford again after a very long break.

Just yesterday I picked up a 1 owner 1971 XY Falcon 500 sedan, with 250 6cyl, 3 speed on the column. The car is totally original and dead straight and completely rust free being a dry country car. I'm just so excited about it.

I've been big into American Muscle Cars in recent years with a mainly Mopar flavour, but being a strong follower of the V8 Supercars I couldn't resist a good ole' Aussie build Ford any longer.

I've also been a part of many mailing lists and forums over the years with my various cars, and am looking forward to contributing on this one and getting to know everyone.

So you can get an idea of what I've been about here is a list of all the cars I've owned (including a couple of Fords) starting with the most recent first:
1969 Corvette Stingray - 350, 4 spd
1968 Dodge VE ute - 225, 4 spd
1973 Valiant VJ Hardtop - 245, auto
1969 Dodge Charger - 383, auto
1971 Plymouth Barracuda - 318, auto
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - 351, 4 spd
1970 Chrysler Cordoba - 383, auto
1970 Plymouth Duster - 225, auto
1971 Valiant VH Hardtop - 245, 4 spd
1979 Ford XC Falcon - 250, 3 spd

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Looks like you've owned some pretty cool cars.:cool:
Definitely a wide variety!;)
XYs are great cars, are you planning on keeping it stock or whack a big Clevo in the front?

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Falchoon I have had a wide variety of cool cars and some great experiences and fun in all of them. Although the Corvette stands out as the clear winner for ability to pull chicks, they almost threw themselves at it...

The XY is a classic and I do intend to keep it stock for a long time while I focus on various other projects over the next 12 months. But after that the intention is to use the car as the base for a full on street machine type project, with an upgrade to a Clevo, top loader and 9".

This will definitely NOT end up as a GT replica though, I think there's enough of them out and about now. I want to bring some of the American Muscle car heritage into this project so it will end up looking a little different to the norm...

I'll take a whole bunch of photos this weekend once I've had a chance to give it a good clean up, and post them up here very soon.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Welcome to this online family ;)

Have ya got any pics of your current or previous rides?

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Martin, I do have a picture of the XY at this address:
http://www.geocities.com/sheridan_butt/XY.htm
This is the picture from the advertisement I saw to go buy the car. New detailed pictures soon...

I have pictures of the Corvette at this address:
http://www.geocities.com/sheridan_butt/

I also had pages showing all the Mopars on the Charger Club of WA web site, under the Members Cars area, but I cannot see that site through my ISP at the moment so I cannot give you a direct link. The address of the site though is:
http://www.chargerclubofwa.asn.au

Don't have any pictures scanned in of the old Mach 1 Mustang, or the XC Falcon...

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Welcome to the nut house! :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ: :mmm:

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
oh mate... Id kill for some of those Mopars there... the Dodge Charger and Plymouth Barracuda are some of my fave Chryslers.. hehe Welcome to the club with the XY :cool:

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Discokin6, yes the 1969 Dodge Charger was my all time dream car since watching the "Dukes of Hazzard" as a kid. Glad I got the fulfill that dream. Here is a picture of the '69 Charger I owned:

http://herman.coomans.net/cotm/cotm2001/images/DSC00022.jpg

This picture was taken at the Chryslers on the Murray car show, in the hands of the new owners. They've relocated the car to South Australia, and swapped the Weld Wheels I had to Centerlines by the looks of it.

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome! and what an interesting collection you had there.
Thank god you're not another "I wanna build a GT replica" type person.
Plenty of times my mates tell me buy or build a faker but I simply reply if it isn't real I'm not interested.
There are many ways you can build an excellent street machine without turning it into a faker, to me it is an insult to a legend.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
XYFalcon,

Welcome Aboard mate, hope u like your stay. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good to have a member who's into the older fords. Must admit i don't know enough about Falcons older than XD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts