Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bronco Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of putting a k&n aircharger kit on my 92 bronco. i just wanted to see if anyone has put one on their truck and if they liked it or didnt. also if it is worth the money? any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Multi Ford Member
28 Posts
I had one on my 91 and threw it away. Unless you're into removing the throttle body every 10,000 miles and cleaning the oily crud out of it, I suggest you skip the K&N. It had no performance enhancements.

·
Bronco Member
31 Posts
Still have that FilterCharger?

Flash,
Do you still have it? I may be interested in buying one.

Thanks

·
Bronco Member
31 Posts
K & N in a landfill...

You know, that is one of the things a K&N filter was NOT supposed to do - take up room in a landfill!

·
Bronco Member
7 Posts
I have a K&N filter charger on my 1990 Eddie Bauer Bronco and I would recommend it if the reason you are putting it on is to get better gas milage. If you are trying to get HP out of it, forget it. It makes a really cool noise when it sucks air too!!

K

·
0 Posts
k&n

if u want the filter charger kit u gunna need to convert to mass air. cause with speed density, they engine dosnt know its gettin the more air flow in. so if u dont wanna spend 600 on mass air, just get a drop in filter. its not worth the money for the charger kit unless u have a mass air sensor

·
Bronco Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys

thanks for your replies. thinking of holding off the k&n right now and start looking for a lift kit!

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
Dear "Rebland"
I have tried out the K&N Filter Charger in my '86 5.0Ltr. FI unit and I think that it is reasonably worth the price to install it.
However installing a $35-$40 air filter may not be justified if your travels are less than 50 miles per day, and you perform no significant highway mileage. I tried my unit on a dyno tester and there is a slight performance improvement that may be significant to performance if you require performance of the engine at or above 60 mi/hr. for a significant period. The standard issue Fram air filter is usually adequate for most work, but there is some differences between them. The replacement is not worth denying your kids and wife food or other items, but if you want a slight upgrade for road work and have a discretionary $40 to spend it may be worth the price. I have kept the 5.0 air box, but I installed and active, hood mounted scoop to the system to gain the most advantage of this type of mount. I do almost all of my vehicle maintenance, and I like the K&N Filter's long life, and service ability. I found that the lowest nationwide price for the K&N Filter is found at http://www.jcwhitney.com
:cool:

·
Bronco Ranger XLT Member
31 Posts
I, too, am interested on putting a K&N on my Bronco. My main concern is whether or not they filter as well as paper. I have heard that they do not filter out small particles, and this will show up as a dust film on your intake tube. Anybody have opinions on their filtering ability?
Thanks.
Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts