Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this has been bandied about before...noticed in my local Auto One today K&N filters, to suit the AU2 (and im presuming XR6 VCT) for $125, it replaces the standard square (rectangle ish) one, are the worth the dollars, do the claims on the box prove true, or is a non noticeable improvement?...

T

·
0 Posts
i'm running a k&n on a stock 4L and i could notice an improvement. especially around from around 60 to 80-85 kay mark when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. there's not much change at the lower end...

but i think it's worth the money since i spend most of my time on the road doing more than 60

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
Hey dkmaj,

I've got an O2 RUSH filter. Also bought from Auto One. Apparently there about the same. I was told that the K&N was well suited for off road more and the O2 for the city.
Half the price!!!!

Will

E

·
0 Posts
Hi dkmaj,
Just one thing , with the O2 foam filters
DONT let the foam dry out or it crubbles up.
Geuss where it goes?
I am very pleased with my K&N POD!!!!!!!

S

·
0 Posts
I will selling my K&N panel filter, as i am getting a K&N pod. if anyone wants to make a offer, not very old.. umm bought it in jan.

J

·
0 Posts
Hi Slim, Can you please let me know what you might be asking for your filter! also can i ask why you have gone to the Pos stsyle filter (are you planning on putting sheilding around your pod??)

Thanks.

If you need to email me the $$$ then can be done at [email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
In addition to what EB ON NOS said.
Make sure when you retreat the foam you really squeeze out the excess goo. Its a real mess trust me.
Ex O2 Rush user!

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry mate, if I had come online sooner,,, I wouldn't of sold it to a mate.

as for the pod.. it sits fine on the bottom of the airbox. I don't really think it needs any sheilding. If you have August 2000 issue of street machine. Its exactly the same as that guys(Michael Willson) XR8's pod.

S

·
0 Posts
oops.. sorry. to answer your question why I went to a pod.. I fitted a T-series 70mm throttle body and it came out further and made a kink in the intake tubing.. pissing off the top lid of the airbox fixed this bend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts