Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've been ummmming and arrring about getting a K&N panel filter in replacement of my Finer O2Rush panel filter.

What i'm abit annoyed about the [email protected] is abit oil from the filter leaks to the bottom of the box.

Plus when i looked at the K&N filter it looks to have better oil retention as teh material isn't spong like O2Rush.

Can anyone reccomend me if it's worth making the change and is the K&N that much better. Ultimately i'd buy the K&N if it will give me a better response than O2Rush.

Thanks in advanced..

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
i would have thought you would get next to none improvement in changing filters.....

sounds like you have to much oil on your current filter...

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
K&N or King Dragon are fine stuff buddy. In the end, the trick with K&N type filters is that they work best when slightly dirty - yes, that is not a typo. The fine particles of dust that the filter picks up soak up the oil and attract dust particles as they get nearby. The result is more useable surface area for air to pass, but an effective filtration at the same time. SO, don't over-clean!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
K&N or King Dragon are fine stuff buddy. In the end, the trick with K&N type filters is that they work best when slightly dirty - yes, that is not a typo. The fine particles of dust that the filter picks up soak up the oil and attract dust particles as they get nearby. The result is more useable surface area for air to pass, but an effective filtration at the same time. SO, don't over-clean!
Yep, exactly what I've been told!! And also don't forget not to over-oil when you clean, don't want it all going onto and through the throttle body now do we :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts