Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Busy planning...something
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My GF's KC laser is having a few issues with its carb, and the engine's getting a bit worn.

I've got a couple of potential solutions:

Will an efi motor from a KH/KL laser fit in the KC?
If so, about how much would I expect to pay for the complete long motor?

If not, how much would a TX3 KC laser efi engine and complete efi conversion go for?

Thanks,

Dave

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
Honestly it would be cheaper to sell the car & just buy a TX3 I bought a KE TX3 last year for only $1200 so unless she is really attached to the car I'd consider selling it & rather then spending too much on the plain model.

·
TurbolaserS
49 Posts
That v6 is from the mx6,626,probe and the AV telstar TX5but something like that would have to be engineered.the kf/kh motor will fit with engine mount modifications but again has to be engineered,the injected 1.6l from the kc/ke will work to but its not as simple as bolting the motor in.Carby to EFi a lot of stuffing around.Just buy a injected laser.

Turbolaser

·
Busy planning...something
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I was doing it for me, I'd be very tempted to engineer one of those v6 conversions in there :)

However, it's my GF's car, and she doesn't want to get rid of the car, as it is in very good exterior condition. She just wants a bit more poke, and I figure the efi conversion would be a good way of doing it. I've converted my commodore from carb to efi, so that's one successful conversion, should be able to do 2 :)

Question is, is the cam any different from carb to efi? Sounds to me like if I got a complete efi conversion, including the head, then rebuilt the bottom end of her engine, then that would be the easiest way to go.

Ideas?

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey guy's

I've got a KC TX3 efi and i had to have the engine rebuilt last january and it cost me about $2,000. if i'd known then i would have tried to pick up a half cut turbo engine... they start at about $1,600 i think... that would probably be a better option... cos they have about 30Kw over the non-turbo efi

Cam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts