Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the auto box died and I was praising FPV for helping me out. All has turned to shit. The car drives better than ever, but has a bad scare to show for it. After collecting the car the next morning I noticed a 3 inch long mark on the rear passengers side rim, dirty hand marks on the passengers side pillar and the drivers side step has broken plastic molding. Titan Ford Brookvale are denying all responsibility. Even though the car was checked for damage when it was towed they still don't want to fix the damage they caused. They acknowledge that the car had the damage before I collected it, but will not agree that they caused it palming me off. FPV are no use, they wont get involved (fair enough), but they could at least push the dealer to do right by there customer. Moral of the story keep your car away from Titan, or at least walk around the car with the service manager before you leave the car and before you drive away and make them sign No Damage, unforunately I couldn't do that when my car was towed at 6.00pm at night. Check out the damage, I still don't know how you would cause it, reversing maybe, but there is a cut in the tyre that seems to mean forward movement, maybe they had traction control off and slid into a gutter. Bastards

Attachments

·
BOFH
7,777 Posts
Geez, thats no scrape, thats a HUGE gash! Theres big chunks out of it, has to have been hit with some force.
Maybe a letter to Consumer affairs and Titan Ford CC'ed might wake them up?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Have you got the paperwork from the tow showing no damage????

I agree, give 'em hell mate!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I have similar marks on my wheels, consider this; parallell parking, rear tyre just rolls up unto the gutter then slips off, tears of a chunk of tyre with it as it slips down takes out chunks of alloy. are there bluestone gutters near the dealership?

I only say this as the marks are very similar to mine and this is how mine were caused.

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Yeah definitely looks like what happens when parking parallel to a kerb. I have damage similar to that on one of my rims, happened on about the last half a roll of the tyre before stopping. Doesn't take much to do that sort of damage....

Good luck getting the pricks to fess up.

·
3dr zeTEC
222 Posts
I've seen this before, not pointing fingers but it looks like a classic case of sliding on the flatbed tow truck to me. As your car gets strapped to the truck, some movement may cause a slide. especially if the driver gets a bit ambitious around corners. You see, It may have left on the truck without a mark, but that's not to say it arrived at the dealership without one. Then again, maybe Titan ford biffed it and are too gutless to admit it? Check for scrapes on the underside of your front and rear bars. If they didn't chock the car before they transported it, then there may be damage there as well. This is something that needs to be taken up with the roadside assistance people. After all, it wasn't your call to have it repaired at Titan, so why should you have to trace to culprit. Ford assist took it from you and as far as you'
re concerned, Ford Assist gave it back to you with Damage.

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
Send an email to Ray Martin that'll learn 'em.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sniper545 said:
I've seen this before, not pointing fingers but it looks like a classic case of sliding on the flatbed tow truck to me. As your car gets strapped to the truck, some movement may cause a slide. especially if the driver gets a bit ambitious around corners. You see, It may have left on the truck without a mark, but that's not to say it arrived at the dealership without one. Then again, maybe Titan ford biffed it and are too gutless to admit it? Check for scrapes on the underside of your front and rear bars. If they didn't chock the car before they transported it, then there may be damage there as well. This is something that needs to be taken up with the roadside assistance people. After all, it wasn't your call to have it repaired at Titan, so why should you have to trace to culprit. Ford assist took it from you and as far as you'
re concerned, Ford Assist gave it back to you with Damage.
I wish that were the case with the tow truck. I watched it go on the first time and the car was clamped at the front wheels and fixed at the back. There is a cut in the wall of the tyre which isn't viewable in the picture, but it would have to have been done whilst the wheel was rotating forward. I have however contacted Ford Assist and they are looking into it. Hopefully it can be resolved soon

·
In Pursuit of excellence
855 Posts
Bloody shame on whoever caused it. Might of been one of the mechanics whilst road testing it, but never owned up to the boss for fear of getting told off.
If worst comes to worst and they dont come to the party with a new wheel, there are places that can repair and repaint them and you wouldn't tell it had been damaged

·
3dr zeTEC
222 Posts
Stick to your guns DGROMS.com, you should'nt have to cop that. Worldcare assist (known to us as Ford Assist) should follow this up for you. If you have no joy from them, Contact Ford Customer relations centre and vent your disgust with them.
If your pickup docket from the towtruck driver doesn't have the damage noted, then they are up sh*t creek and are liable for the repairs.

·
wasting money on cars
611 Posts
would any of you hand your keys to a 16 17yo pimple faced kid you dont know fu.k no.take a close look at your dealer next time you go these kids 1st 2nd year aprentices they think they know it all.the service manger tells you he will test drive your car after repairs.but thats not true his busy doin something else.thats why were always taking cars back not fixed properly.always tell the service manager you will go on test drives.mate the money that we all spend on our cars we should treated better at the service dept.stand out in the street next to service dept and you will understand.i had my car there for warranty repairs one day and seen a young bloke lay rubber in the street in a brand new gt ???(keep stickin it to em )

·
Below: Not Mine :(
117 Posts
My rims on my car have that but since my car was only 2k I dont bother but if I had a GT and 58k worth i whould want them to fix it.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
I know how you feel mate. I had my car tinted with 200 clicks on the clock and i washed the car before taking it to Solace in Newcastle. When i come to collect the car the guy say to me " have you noticed the defect in your driver door?"
So out i go for a look and the is a dent half way down the drivers door, with the dent coming from the inside. Only small but the only W%$#@$% who had the door trim off is them!!! Of course they say it must have been there from new. What a load of Bullshit, the guys who know me will tell you how fussy i am about my car and there is no way it was there before tinting!

I got the dent fixed myself and the guy who did it done a top job. Its now harder to pick than a broken nose. The guy who fixed it had a sweet XR6T ute and knew how pissed off i was.

Give em hell mate

·
Registered
780 Posts
:AAHHH:
Time to get out the tyre lever. Mate I bought my GT from Titan Ford in Perth, owned by Ford Aus, they just lost my 3000klm service and all the ones that follow. Don't take that from any dealer, start yelling and demand to talk to the dealer principle. Don't mean to upset you but some you apprentice has been caning your machine. Ask to see the jobcard, then demand to see who the mechanic is that worked on the car, the ring FMC. BASTARDS :fly:

·
Registered
780 Posts
RATT said:
You will not see a 1st or 2nd year apprentice road testing FPV vehicles. The more experienced guys work on them.
:AAHHH: I know apprentices have to learn, but not on GTs they don't. I remember exactly what I was like behind the wheel between 18 - 25. You put my mind at ease a little Ratt. But still no servicing at Titans for me if they have a denial policy, which they obviously do.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
RATT said:
You will not see a 1st or 2nd year apprentice road testing FPV vehicles. The more experienced guys work on them.
YOU HOPE !!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts