Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with all this talk of superlows and me always wanting them, I decided I would join the club :)

I just ordered a set of Whiteline Superlows - they should drop my biatch about 40-50mm! Yummy!! I'm going to use standard shocks for a while as ca$h isn't too great at the moment, hehe! They should arrive this week I am hoping. Maybe installed by the end of the week...

Only problem is I can't install them myself and I don't want to take the risk. So unfortunately I will have to pay a mechanic to do it for me, which I really don't want to do. :(

I will post pics when it's all done.

Has anyone had experiences with Whiteline's stuff? Me hopes it's all good!

Ciao.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
What are you doing with the front springs I am after lower then the EA Ghia sits, but not superlow.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently my car rides on standard springs, so I am not sure whether they are any different in height from an EA Ghia?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Don't mind me then :(

Looked at your avatar and saw a red stripe, and thought 'S', not your car.

I am an idiot just smile and nod its easier :0)

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Great stuff matey, Whiteline is a first rate brand. Don't forget before/after pics. :s5

When I had my springs installed I paid $120, which I thought was a very good price considering back in '01 I'd been quoted the same amount just for installing rear springs.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL! What a corker Jason :rofl: :sparkles2

Cheers Jack. :thup: Pics? But of course! I can't wait! I'm just worried about the times when I have a full car-load... Ahh well, it'll be worth it!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
look forward to seeing how she sits after :)
i keep talkin about lowering the front of mine some more, but i'm really not sure what the front of mine is doing till a certain other mod is finished.
don't wanna loose body parts!

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
EFFalcon said:
look forward to seeing how she sits after :)
i keep talkin about lowering the front of mine some more, but i'm really not sure what the front of mine is doing till a certain other mod is finished.
don't wanna loose body parts!
hehe slowly does it john....

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WHUUUUUUUU! Springs arrived today, now I need to get them installed, grrrrrr :( How much do you guys think is an acceptable price? I want it done ASAP dammit!

Cheers fellas (CAN'T FRIGGEN WAIT!)

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I reckon $200-250 is about the ball park figure for fitting max I'd want to pay. You may be able to get it fitted for less. Get a few quotes b4 deciding! Cant wait till you post pics!

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Just get the front done, do the rear yourself, the rear is so simple honestly, take out the shocks then jack the car up, springs fall out, put in new springs lower car make sure springs are seated put shocks back in :0)

Front need spring compressors, so can't blame you to avoid that one :0).

$200 = $50 bucks a corner, that sounds fair to me :0)

Jason

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Dellboy is right about getting the fronts fitted professionally. Its too much stuffin around to do yourself if you dont have the right tools. The rear is simple enough to do yourself as stated.

·
As Sober as Steve Bracks
192 Posts
dude do the whole lot yourself... Spring compressors cost bugger all, all up it took me and my old man 2 hours to do the fronts, then you gotta get a front end alignment ($30 or so) and ur laughin... plus the rears are easy as to chuck in, but dont be afraid to do the front yourself, its the best way to save cash, and you learn something else about how the car goes together :)

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Sure do it yourself "IF" you know what your doing or have the advantage of having someone who knows what their doing with you. I did it myself once, and I wont do it ever again. (bad personal experience) Sure, it saves you money doing it yourself and you do learn along the way, but 'if' anything goes wrong its on your own head. Plus, I rarely have the time to do these things myself these days.

·
As Sober as Steve Bracks
192 Posts
half the fun is not knowing what your doing :) I seriously have never had a real interest in cars till I bought the EA, now I know how to do front/rear suspension, do head gaskets, do timing chain guides, welsh plugs, calipers and discs, timing and the rest... You gotta start somewhere, and to be honest doing the front end we had not one drama... It was not easy, but now that I've done it before I would be able to help a mate do it without a problem...

Plus you get tonnes more satisfaction when you look at the finished product and can say "shit, I did that myself"

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I agree on the satisfaction part. But I reckon its more fun testing the changes once their in than doing them. I personally dont have the patience anymore, so I get others to do things and I reap the rewards of an excellent job. Sure I pay for it, but doesnt everybody? I am happy doing it this way as I have had the opportunity of experiencing both avenues.

Either way, XRated. Its your choice how you go about this. By all means have a go. Enjoy the fruits of your labour. Just be aware of pros & cons b4 tackling a job firsttime. And learn form your experiences, so it makes life a little easier in future.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Believe me - I would love to do it myself. My parents would freak out even though it's my car. I dunno if I could take the risk doing it myself, and unfortunately I don't personally know anyone who is good with cars.

It's gonna kill me if it costs $150 or more just to get them installed! Grrrrrrrr!

BTW: How much are spring compressors?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
and remember not that I am trying to scare you here, but when it is in pieces you can't drive it to get fixed if you wish to give up, I am sure if you got stuck a member or 2 would lend a hand if you got desperate.

Good luck with it, and have fun.

Jason

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dellboy999 said:
and remember not that I am trying to scare you here, but when it is in pieces you can't drive it to get fixed if you wish to give up, I am sure if you got stuck a member or 2 would lend a hand if you got desperate.

Good luck with it, and have fun.

Jason
LOL! I can see that happening: needing to go to work and my car in pieces with my parents having a panic-attack!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts