Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right! Today I picked up my new ride a 97 VSII Berlina. People on the Friday night cruise last week found out then, but I didn't want to tell too many people before I picked it up today.

The EA has been great to me, but it's time to move on. I had considered several cars, but I always knew what I wanted in the back of my mind and now I have it. I has only 75,000K's which is very decent, the average VS has about 140-150,000.

Mine is a lovely silver colour and has all the usual Berlina things like power everything, ABS and nice trim. It also has the optional passenger airbag. For those of you who are open minded I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

I just need to do a few things to the EA and then it will be on the market in a week or so. I haven't worked out what I want for it yet, but I'll do some research and come up with a price.

I still plan to be an active member of the club so I might have to start catching lifts to the meets in future, but I'll probably take the VS on unofficial meets like last Friday night. I'll see y'all around...

Ash

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I'm sure it's something you've looked into and thought out, so i'm not gonna bag you out for it. Whatever makes you happy!

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
It'll be sad to see the EA leave the club, how about wee all start a "keep Ash's EA in the E-series club... charity.....thingy..... oh I'll just shutup now :p

Good purchase, not a road i'd personally go down, but sounds like your happy, so congrats :)

What are the plans for this car??? You'd prolly need to do something pretty unique for it to stand out of the crowd, putting rims and lowering isn't exactly gunna make it unique amongst the other million or so holdens out there with the same mods :p

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
i know a 4L I6 from an AU into the holden.......would make for a good talking point.

Well done mate, you will be one of the few holden drivers weary about taking on some E-series (rightfully so!)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
shame to see the EA leaving :)
hopefully the VS is as good to you as the EA has been, can't wait to see it :)

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Bah. Your out of the club.

hehe.

Why'd ya buy a new car when you only just put rims on. Get ya bro to buy the car keep it in the family. You won't need to catch lifts to meets, bring the VS so we have a holden to bag :s5

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand alot of you guys are Ford men through and through, so I appreciate that you haven't flamed me for this. Believe me it wasn't an easy decision by any means, my EA is still a very good car.

Steven, I haven't worked out what I want to do with the looks yet, but mechanically I will look at getting a C.A.P.A supercharger kit within the next few years. You're right, it's very hard to stand out from the crowd with a Commodore, especially a VS but I have a few ideas in mind so we'll see.

Walky, I certainly haven't lost any respect for the E-series mate. I still reckon they're fantastic cars so you won't see me lining up a manual XR6 any time soon. :wnc:

Karl, I figured there would be quite a few members that would opject if I were to drive a Commodore to the meets. After all it is a club for E-series Falcons. I'll still drive it along from time to time. It would be great if Damo were to buy the EA, but it's auto and I know he much prefers manual cars :(

Ash

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Kenaz said:
It would be great if Damo were to buy the EA, but it's auto and I know he much prefers manual cars :(
Yer shame, because we all know that an EA can't be converted to manual....:p

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Sad to see you leave the Ford clan
/me starts crying!

But whatever floats your boat :thup:

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Well done Ash, I know you've waited for this day. :thup: I look forward to those pics too. I'm relieved to hear you'll still be a regular, unlike another certain person who upgraded to a VS. :p

·
Is it cos i is black?
62 Posts
Good stuff Kenaz, i would say the VS II would be the pick of the bunch cos it has the same engine as the VT/VX but a heap lighter and a less bloated looking body shape.

lower it and dress it up with some big rims, maybe even de-badge it?

As much as I hate to admit it, Holden made a really wise decision in ensuring every series rims could be retro fitted to pretty much all older commodores, wish Ford had done the same!

Some pics would be great when you have a chance!

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm could be worse i spose :p

Sounds pretty good aye. All the berlinna feature and only 75000ks, cant really complain
I personally think that VS is one of the better commodore shapes.

Happy motoring.

Think theres going to be a few interested parties inquiering about those rims
Me included :)
Keep us posted

·
Registered
529 Posts
At least you will never have brake upgrade problems

I think the VS are the fastest of the lot std but shit Holden still never go the motor right then, I just thought it was still too harsh.

·
Formerly: SmokeEA
1,117 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, i hope it brings you years of happy motoring as the EA did.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Years of happy motoring,?.. that EA gave you a bit of trouble at times.. hehe
So long as you are happy in what you are driving then all is well Ash.

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
Nice choice, I too was heading in the direction of a VS Berlina/Calais but if I had the choice I would have gone for a EL Ghia. Still, VS are the quickest V6 auto around (despite what people say about a VN). Good work and have fun destroying stock E-series Falcons.

·
Wildlife Photographer
1,413 Posts
You'll be back mate, you'll be back...hahahahahahaha (evil laugh).
I went down the same road by buying a clubby, but now I'm back
in my uterus. I just couldn't put up with the rattles,the roadnoise
and dodgy plastic dash anymore. The seats were outstanding but.

Just my 2c

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Why don't you buy the new car off him?

It'd match that badge :p

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
psycho chicken said:
Why don't you buy the new car off him?

It'd match that badge :p
LOL he has already bought CATman's old EA wagon when CAtman was sellin it, so we'll just get wayne to buy all EA's people here are sellin to keep em in the club :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts