Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recenty been given a new old cd controller head unit to replace my old tape cd controller head unit, and having an old cable I needed to get a converter to change the cable coming from cd stacker, from a square plug to a round plug, well after looking around if anything of the sort even existed, i found out part number of what I was after, so I emailed Kenwood Australia to enquire about the part, avaliabilty etc, I got a reply from Charlie at Kenwood that part still in stock (thankgod) and that ANY strathfield store would be able to help me, so I looked up the stores on the net and called one, they were rude and said no we dont get parts what is sold with the stacker is all we do, well I replied back to Charlie and told him they didnt help me can I deal with Kenwood direct, well about 15 minutes my phone rings, its Charlie from Kenwood asking which store would not help me, I gave him the details, he said he would follow up on it, and he then also took it upon himself to help me personally with the problem and offered to send the part direct (not a standard practice of Kenwood), he then enquired what I was wanting to achieve, I told him the head unit model and stacker model, he then said well let me check they are 100% compatable, he didn't want to sell me a part that may not work at $45 for the part this was much appreciated, he phoned back later that day to tell me that looking at the schematics all seemd ok, but would wait and talk to the Head tech and confirm 100% that it will work. Well all has been confirmed, I have just direct deposited money for the converter and should get it next week some time.

So Charlie from Kenwood Austalia, good onya mate :hy:

Jason

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
looks like kenwood just won a customer for life.

geez i love hearing stories like that.

send a thank you letter in. the dude can put it up on his wall!

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
yeah, it's always nice to let someone know that what they're doing is appreciated. That kind of service is sadly becoming rarer and rarer these days, but it's good to hear someone still gives a damn about their customers.

·
Registered
738 Posts
then the people who did give a damn just gave up as they watch more and more work lumped on fewer people. The company I work for has just had 2 of 5 people cut from customer service. Now the phone queues have blown out and the team leader is working 3 hours overtime a day. When companies do that to their workers, why would you want to work harder?

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Yeah, I'll second that: it's always good to hear a nice story. It just makes you feel that extra bit satisfied when someone shows that little bit of effort. Top work Charlie!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts