Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flicking through the owner's guide for the XR6, I noticed that it requires to coded keys to re-code keys to the car. It clearly says "if you do not have a second key, contact your dealer". Naturally I'm paranoid are security now, and when I bought the car I was only given I coded key. I rang the salesmen I bought the car from, and he claims they sells cars with whatever keys they get given, and that if I wanted a second key I should ring parts. Now, given that I've just forked out a large sum to buy this car, shouldn't they at least be willing to hand over a second key, as they would if I had bought it new? Starting to wonder if the after sales service is going to be much chop.... :confused:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
You should have two sets venom. Get in contact with the saleman and tell him to pull his finger out. Doesn't sound right to me.. :eek:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ford Man said:
You should have two sets venom. Get in contact with the saleman and tell him to pull his finger out. Doesn't sound right to me.. :eek:
Having already rang the salesman, I decided to go up a notch and ring the used car manager. While he agreed it should come with two keys, he said he could only make phone calls to the original owners (which was Ford themselves!!) to see if they have the keys. If they can't track them down, the only choice again, was purchasing another key/remote myself.

NOT HAPPY JAN! :fmad:

I quite honestly don't give a flying rats arse where the car came from, if it didn't have two keys, then they should hit spare parts for a second set, and include that when they sell the bloody car. How much would it cost Ford themselves? Sweet FA! :mad: What's it going to cost me? An unnecessary $150, or more.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Dont bother ringing customer service line, it takes them 12 weeks just to get back to you, send an email to the man - Geoff Polites - and see what type of response you get.

My EB came with one key and the deler refused to cut a second, after spending 12k I would not accept his answer and went down to the dealership and stood in his office and demanded another set cut.

It took Half and hour or so but finaly got my other key!:mad3: :mad3:

·
How bloody Hot is it ??!!
264 Posts
and i thought i was the only one given the "that's the only set we got mate" line..
Bugger, i had the salesman bailed up in the office with the overactive two year old and everything and i still didn't get another set....

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Chaps said:
and i thought i was the only one given the "that's the only set we got mate" line..
Bugger, i had the salesman bailed up in the office with the overactive two year old and everything and i still didn't get another set....
I think i might have had an advatage, being 6 foot 7 and some 18 stone, I can get very angry...very quickly.. esp when I know I am in the right!!!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
laminge said:
Dont bother ringing customer service line, it takes them 12 weeks just to get back to you, send an email to the man - Geoff Polites - and see what type of response you get.
I would email Uncle Geoff, except that I'm sure he has better things to deal with, instead of Ford customers with missing keys...

I'll see what I can do when I bring the car back on Saturday. In what I hope does not develop into a saga, I decided to test my power windows tonight. They added the new darker tint last Thursday before I picked it up Friday, and they told me to give them at least 48 hours before using them again. I figure 5 days is plenty. So when I attempted to wind them down, the electric mechanism seemed to be labouring in its attempt to pull them open. It's even worse closing them. Worse still is the passenger side. The rear windows (manual) wind up and down perfectly, so I'm not sure if it's the tint or the power windows are dodgy. :(

T

·
0 Posts
I'm like laminge 6 tall and 18 solid, dont take no **** from any salesman, dont bother talking to the sales manager either, he's probably a knob, stand your ground, if you want action you have two choices. In your contract you have a 7 day option if anything goes haywire. Or speak to the dealer principal. The owner of the dealership. I have done it before, he was'nt there so I caused major chaos and went and sat in his office and waited, they made a phone call and found him in five minutes. Park the car in the driveway, tell the principal when he's done the key's to drop the car at your house. You hop in a friends car and go back home, see what happens....

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
I actually managed to get 3 keys when I bought my SS - found one stuck down between driver's seat and centre console - they must have thought they lost it and coded another.

Having said that they forgot to put my ashtray in.

Also Laminge and The Doctor are excluded from any LS1.com v FordForums punchups cos they are big bastards.

T

·
0 Posts
I'm already an LS.1 Member..!!!!!!!!

do do do do, do do do do, welcome to the twilight zone.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Venom,

Ok, you could buy another key out of spare parts and get it cut at your favourite locksmith, BUT they key would NOT start the engine until it has been programmed with the same security code as the other key(s).

To program up a new key, you need to initialise BOTH keys before the computer will program the correct secuirty code into the new key.

I dont know if you can use the same key twice or if the computer is smart enough to know they are both different keys.

All 3 keys are then reprogrammed with a new code.

If you do this incorrectly and erase all the keys programming you are stuffed :)

Speak to the DP of the dealership, get them to pay for a new set, and it may be possible for them to get the car in to the workshop to reprogram a new set (because you only have 1 key)????

Hope this helps!!

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Venom,

About the POWER WINDOWS,

AU/AUII DO seem to have a problem with the mechanisim labouring to wind up the windows, I have had the same problem on my AUII as well as ones at work.

MY FIX(worked great on my car): Get some CRC silicon spray and douse the window tracks in it. Works a treat..... Or try some Graphite power, this is slightly messier but also works very well!

Hope this helps!!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Brendan said:

Also Laminge and The Doctor are excluded from any LS1.com v FordForums punchups cos they are big bastards.
Might have to rule me out too mate :wink2: 6"2, 100kg :eek: :thumbup:

Helps a bit when dealing with new and used car salesmen. The number 1 cut also is a great bargaining tool :damack:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Car dealers are scum and they deserve the rep they have. The guy should have had the second set of keys as these cars are most often auctioned through places such as Fowles. The checklist for these cars includes two sets of keys.

Problem is you've bought the car and they're not interested now. If they want to be tough, tell 'em the Ford Forum boys are coming over to sort them out. And it won't be nice! Unfortunately you will have to reciprocate their attitude and play tough.

I bought my GTS-R from new and it was missing one key and the master tag for the ISS security. They had to virtually dismantle the car and replace the entire system - I had to fight them though.

On the issue of windows, the silicon spray is the go.

T

·
0 Posts
Venom S,
I am the Ford Manager responsible for supplying Ford dealerships with ex Company vehicles. We are concerned to learn of your key issue because we don't allow Ford executives to ground cars without two sets of keys. We would like to investigate the background to your car to find out where our system broke down. If you e-mail me details of your vehicle and the name of the Ford dealership where you purchased your car, I will ensure you get a replacement key free of charge.

If you are still having difficuties with your power windows please contact our Customer Relationship Centre on 1800 333306.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
True Blue Used said:
Venom S,
I am the Ford Manager responsible for supplying Ford dealerships with ex Company vehicles. We are concerned to learn of your key issue because we don't allow Ford executives to ground cars without two sets of keys. We would like to investigate the background to your car to find out where our system broke down. If you e-mail me details of your vehicle and the name of the Ford dealership where you purchased your car, I will ensure you get a replacement key free of charge.

If you are still having difficuties with your power windows please contact our Customer Relationship Centre on 1800 333306.
Hey cool, looks like you'll get some action on this issue after all.

Welcome to our boards True Blue Used. If you need any help with anything Contact Me or Ford Man. :thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Welcome to our boards True Blue Used. If you need any help with anything Contact Me or Ford Man. :thumbup:
Here, Here.. Welcome aboard Champ..

Good to see the good old "can do" attitude from Broady is alive and well... :D :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts