Anyone know who stocks these?

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
Try Cromer Exhausts on 9981 7966

59 Middleton Rd Cromer
NSW 2099

Why don't you just go a K&N Filter..

I think they also have cold air induction kits too..

Will

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
HDT Special Vehicles has them (believe it or not). I've used King Dragon, but K&N has the support available for cleaning kits etc etc. Can't go past K&N IMO.

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Can honestly say never tried K/Dragon filters.
I have tried finer filter...... CRAP!!!!!!
Bought a K&N Filtercharger after seeing the flow differences on a bench between std paper, my old finer filter( flat panel type) & K&N flat panel & round pod (filtercharger). Works wonders easy to clean etc.
Just have to get a cold air box made so it fits inside it

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Does a K&N air filter make that much of a difference?

What sort of numbers are we talking for what kind of cost?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up with the K&N Filtercharger panel, and must say, it's made a noticable difference. Acceleration is much smoother, picks up a little better from lows revs and unless my ears are deceiving me the exhaust note sounds a tad throatier as well. My DTE was 204 after a $25 fill of Optimax, and after installing the K&N just after, was 240 with much heavier driving.

Cost was $135, but no more buying replacement paper filters so it works out cheaper in the end.

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
So basically with the K&N you throw away/take out your old airbox and just leave it hanging there.

DO you need to have another cold air intek though?

I can see the beneifits and $135 seem a pretty small price for the benefits you are talking about.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a direct replacement for the existing paper panel filter inside the airbox. Unlcip, swap filters, clip tight again.

Not concerned with a pod-style style filter, not convinced of the extra benefits over that of the xisting setup with a better intake snorkel and filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts