Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the record was broken for the Guinness world attempt on the largest parade of Ford cars ?
And your thoughts on the day with all the nice Ford cars on display and what your favourite car was?
Cheers John

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Very good day overall! Glad I went. Got my Falcon GT DVD signed by Allan Moffat too :D

Favourite car, probably the Black 1969 Mach One I saw with the Mustang Club. VERY nice.

·
Registered Abuser
226 Posts
Great day, my fav XC Bathurst Cobra

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know who won the award for the best "Tickford/FPV" category ? .I was told an XR8 BA Citric Acid won the award if that is the case but i cant confirm that then he should have been ineligible to win that category.
Cheers John

·
Only a V8 Ute Will Do
203 Posts
If that car was the winner John, it was in the Geelong XR Club display. It had twin, dual exhaust pipes, one set each side, and black pin stripes down the side of it, sweeping around onto the bonnet. Sounded pretty good.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats right what ive been told but it shouldnt have been able to qualify for the TICKFORD/FPV award as it is neither a Tickford or an FPV vehicle.It was a BA XR 8.
Cheers John

·
Only a V8 Ute Will Do
203 Posts
Fair point John, I understand what you're saying. Maybe the judges didn't know the difference

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Yeah I seen that BA XR8, it was nice execpt for the stripe down the side(IMO) but overall I had a great day I thought it was down a little on previous yr's, not as many original XW/Y GT's and Fairmont's that I mainly went to see, but My favourite would have to be a Jewell Green XY GTmmmm, followed closely by an Ultra White XY Fairmont GSmmmm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts