Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just assumed I had a KL03 in my 93 Mazda Mx-6 Ls, but after pulling my manifold off I saw :WH: KL 101 right under my rear VCG (on the outside of the "box" that the camshafts are in and the VCG sits on). Is this the model of my engine??

What is this number?? :WH:

Dan thanks again for all that info on pulling that thing off...it was sure handy!! (Now lets see if I can get it back together!! )

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
That number means pretty much nothing in regards to the engine type. There is not other engine offered in the A-spec MX-6 other than the KL-03. A lot of other parts in the engine bay have different KL- type numbers, but they are not indicative of the engine type....

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah..I thought I had the test model for the 250 hp KL 101 :WH: oh well.... :)

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Was there a 250hp test model? There are rumors thata couple of Ford Engineers owned 220hp naturally aspirated KL-03s...probably just modified/stroked versions of the 03 though.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to my knowledge...it was another febile attempt at humor ;)

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
It would be nice though....I wish Ford (or Mazda) would have had the cojones to try an SVT version of the Probe/MX-6 - Even if it was a one-off like the Cougar Eliminator or the Focus SVT versions that are coming out now...you know, just to show what the car is capable of....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts