Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience swapping parts, namely cams, intake manifold, ecu and other assorted goodies from a KLZE to a KL03? This will be done in a 92 Telstar, but the engine is the same as the Probe of the same era. I've got some instructions from MX6.com, but some firsthand experience wouldn't go astray. Any help would be great.

Also, would a workshop manual help at all? I'm sure it would, but does anyone know where to get one apart from the local Ford dealer?

Cheers

·
tx5dude
6 Posts
sorry, the only thing i know is that it's a straight swap to do and once you have done it you will be impressed with the new stock performance. check out how much you can sell your motor for. if it's in tip top condition you might be able to sell it, buy the new one and not be too much out of pocket. if i get motivated(and find some cash),i'll look into it, but for now i'll be happy with what i've got. :)

·
Fast but not Furious
44 Posts
you can get more torque from the cams and more top end revs from the intake..
but seriously it is the 10-2-1 compression than makes the klze fly…

I have the ford factor service CDs. .they have all you could ever want to know about the probe.. and many other American fords

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Be VERY carefull with cams as they can break real easy..The KLZE has wider hla's than KL03 so swapping cams maybe an issue..Alot of power also comes from the inlet.. The ports are bigger, no egr either..The throttle body sits real close to cruse control unit..

Check www.probetalk.com hth...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Just see if you can find an import motor and swap them over. You'll probably have to pull the motor out to do the cams anyway so I reckon it would end up quicker by doing the whole kaboodle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts