Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Newbie #10458632
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from Ken Vance Motors Pty. Ltd. (an RAC Tasmania Approved Repairer). Anyways, it went in there with the problem of stalling when ideling and when slowing down or going around corners and what not. Anyways, it came out running perfectly - however the wallet didn't do the same - got a $159.50 ($145.00 Labour and $14.50 GST 10%) hole burnt in that.

Anyways, the report sheet says: 'Work to be Done - Attend to engine stalling on gas' and then below that, 'Work Done - Repaired wiring fault to idle control and injectors, Checked gas system and reset mixtures. Note the gas convertor is faulty as water is passing through vapour hose'.

The guy said the converter needs to be replaced and will cost a bit over $300.00 (it's a Parnell system). I can ring him on Monday and book it in, otherwise it will have to wait until early next year. My question is, does this sound right? The cars working perfectly so I'm tempted to leave it until next year, but I know that that's probably a false ilusion... Any thoughts, ideas, comments?

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
I would probably book it in now and save the hassle if something does go boom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts