Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
engine bay

Damm I hate compression's, scuse the quality still trying to work this stuff out!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I gotta say laminge... That looks bloody awesome :wink2:

I just wish I was in Ian's shoes to have seen it first hand....

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
What has happened to the reply box? They have gone mad with options.

Fordman you can't have my shoes. ;)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
:( :( :( Waaaaaaaaaaah!!! I wanna blower!! *sniff*

Ah well, something to ease the pain somewhat.. getting complete suspension upgrade in a week! :cool: :cool:

... and all these new fun smilies and things to play with! :eek: :confused:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Koni's all round, Pedders superlow springs, adjustable camber kit at front, strengthening of rear sway bar and tuning of it and front one, maybe new bushes - they're actually not too bad at the moment, this might come a bit later. All should make the old girl sit down a lot nicer in the twisty bits, and fix the front-to-back balance under brakes. The rear springs and shocks are still the originals, ie. 90,000 odd km, so quite saggy and rather poor in quick changes of direction. Also it will be dropped around 1.5" at each corner, so will look a bit more mean too :cool:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Laminges that is a seriously good car you have got yourself. Does your blower whine much? As I said ages ago on BON the blown EL2 XR8 has a nice whine as it drives past slowly that yells BLOWER. Do you know the guy who owns that car in Perth? He has been trying to sell it for ages now, it's down to about 38k I think. I will have to get to Kwinana street drags and see it in action, they say it did a 12.9 the other night. Strangly enough the old Borg Warner Box didnt like living with that engine either so they had went seperate way's and I think it's got a Supra 5 speed now.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:) :)

The blower is a powerdyne, so very little whistle invovled, but you can just here it.

I had a vortec on the EB and by god did it wistle, the cat heard it from 2 blocks away!!!

I could still here it in my sleep:confused:

The wheels are Rob Herrods Choice, I prefer the Merc Rims that look like the ones off the ea's.

Ford really need to get a grip on rim design and aim at the market bying t series and not the fat exec's!!!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
:D The blower don't make much noise but the engine sure does. Very nice note. If you think the pictures look good you should see the real thing. Give me time and mine will look as good:wink2:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
At my local Carline in Tweed Heads. Carline Granville did my exhaust, and they did a terrific job. Not much relevance I know, but from the chat I had with the head bloke up here, he seemed to know his stuff. The other thing that convinced me was that they also do the suspension setups for a few HQ racers up here too, which is all valuable experience. Looks like it'll be tuesday next week, straight after Easter break. :wink2:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
25 Participants
laminge
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing