·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well

Thats it!

I am sick of driving like and old SS:nuts:

I have today ordered my 6 speed tremec!

Very soon the beast will be driven hard again, with its full potentional being delivered to those rubbery things at the back!:D :D

Ahhh I carnt wait:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
I can't wait to see the beast finally on the Oct trip!!! :D And maybe, just maybe, convince you that I'm a good boy and deserve a quick spell at the helm ... :nuts: :thumbup:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Approx 10grand installed, inclusive of bits and peices.

Youre a sick puppy strife!!

The only way I am going to get 300 at rear wheels is to whack on a series 4 vortec running at least 20psi!!! and changing the unichip to motec.

Thats another 15 grand!

I am happy with current power ratio but I want the drive train to handle the side step on the clutch everynow and then.:nuts:

what are you running?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Laminge,

Mate you must be best buddies with the bank manager, geez 10k thats worth as much as my car. :p :p :eek: :eek:

Ahh Seriously mate thats heeps good, now you can unleash full power to the back wheels, and start writing a dairy of the GTS kills you'll encounter.
Also you must welcome the fuel ecomony benefits of the 6th cog.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Ill give you another few months on the current powerband and will look forward to your power upgrade posts ;)

not sure where Im at the moment Im hoping to findout on Thursday and Sunday.,

I was 255 rwkw with the LS1 +Vortech V2 SQ 7psi but have since added the mild LS6 cam, springs and intake manifold SVO 30# injectors (just dicking around until the 436ci arrives) and the motec48pro for some more granular tuning or should I say tuning capability.

mental note to laminge try the new Vortech SQ blowers nice and quiet :)

I have the CAPA intercooler on order Ill probably put that in the same time the motor comes (hopefully next month)

I have had the auto 4l60e rebuilt with new ArtCarr components and with the 3200 stall is holding well for now. A lot of US cars are reverting to T350 or TH400, the clutch problem is universal ;)

Ive been dicking around with building up a base model from scratch or putting the long block into something else, changing transmission to a T56 etc etc my head is spinning, it was a hard enough decision to go from a 410ci iron block FI build to a 436ci alloy half way during the build and now to the solid roller.....

GTS kill...well Ive had my setup for about 9 months and have only had 1 GTS kill, (1 race,1 kill) the opportunity to race is rare to come about similar to a T series race (0 race)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
strife said:
Ill give you another few months on the current powerband and will look forward to your power upgrade posts ;)
damm We havent even had a beer together and you know me better than I:cool:

Nah, but seriously, thats the end of the budget, and mortgage!!!!!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
laminge said:
Approx 10grand installed, inclusive of bits and peices.

Youre a sick puppy strife!!

The only way I am going to get 300 at rear wheels is to whack on a series 4 vortec running at least 20psi!!! and changing the unichip to motec.

Thats another 15 grand!

I am happy with current power ratio but I want the drive train to handle the side step on the clutch everynow and then.:nuts:

what are you running?

Are the heads standard? If not you'll find huge amounts of gains with anything other than those GT40s

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are we talking about here?

The Gt40 heads are pretty good for standards guts!, if they where to be changed then i would need to stroke the whole thing!

Then the question is the "weakest Link" and the Block whould just say "Goodbye"

Thats a consideration for the future, but once this engine dies, then I will consider a Nascar Block!:cool:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
LAMINGE:
Power is a function of air flow. So, you need a longer stroke for the best gains.... ( :rolleyes: )

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Hey Mate, I read about your car in the latest newsletter,cannot wait to see it in the flesh.........was drooling all over the paper...

What are the ratios of the box?

Jas

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
laminge said:
Yeah, but will the standard block handle It???:eek: :eek: :eek:
You know who to ask...... The stud girdle should help things!

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
laminge said:
Well

Thats it!

I am sick of driving like and old SS:nuts:

I have today ordered my 6 speed tremec!

Very soon the beast will be driven hard again, with its full potentional being delivered to those rubbery things at the back!:D :D

Ahhh I carnt wait:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
Is that a Mal Wood or Herrod kit/install?

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
EXPENSIVE would a six speed ,dare I say it .Toyota 6 speed from the twin turbo Supra or Soarer be strong enough?

·
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast
478 Posts
laminge

$10k sounds like a whole chunk of change even for a T56. Can you break down the pricing for us?

I know they can be ordered from the states for a bit less than AU $5k (shipping not included) so I am interested to see where all the rest goes.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Box alone, through the whole transport thing cause of the weight is closer to 6500

Then the mods to housing, extra plates, the bull****ting around, starter motor adjustments, tailshaft, shifter etc adds up, the 5 speed is at least 1 foot short to allow install through existing mountings

1 - 18 of 18 Posts