Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all

just spent the last week up in QLD,

Dont think I will ever catch up with the forum, but I thought I would let all know that I have sold the XR and brought a 2001 Dodge Viper - Red

This baby goes 1-100 in 1st gear!!!

Top speed of 340kms

Approx 405kws at 9,000 rpms

A real friggen beast:fmad:

Nah, just kidden, but did hire one for 2 days, mad i say, Mad:gok:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Real bargin at 600 bucks a day, but the sunburn treatment is costing me dearly... ouch!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
What can I say, the man has style. Must admit the last part of the post was hidden and I was starting to think!!!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
What can I say, the man has style...
Ah-men to that... :D :thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Was it a LHD or converted to RHD??.. Would've been interesting driving a LHD beast sideways down the highway... ;)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No RHD

Yes Very sideways and I think at some stage, the side ways montion lead me in full reverse even though the thing was planted in 1st... Go figure that one out?:CraZ:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Now that's 600 bucks a day value!!... :wink2: :thumbup:

Would've been an interesting experience too!!... :D
BTW, love your tag there laminge... :D :thumbup:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damm I been trying to get a tag but I carnt get the friggen bugger down to size

bugger

bugger

bugger

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Laminge - I want to hear these words from you ...

"I did NOT leave the aforementioned vehicle in original condition"... :eek: :wink2: :thumbup:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Put it this way.

U know those speed humps along the main drag in Noosa.

Well there are 6 inch by 3 foot cuts in the road where the Viper has hit em

And me goen YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

"and NO I did NOT leave the aforementioned vehicle in original condition"... "

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ah. Splendid! I knew you'd give her the appropriate treatment! ;) Yeah I've been looking at a few places on the Coast that hire exotics, it's mighty tempting.. only problem being a severe lack of play money, and a lot of them now only renting the top stuff to those over 30! :mad:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
You lucky bastard, :wink2:

How about some more info, I gather they go like the wind but how did it handle, brake, and most important how did it sound?.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The place is called roadsters
www.roadsters.com.au

Prices are not the ones shown on the web page!

The thing is a beast, what more can i say, huge amount of power and will handle any type of driving style given to it.

With the exhaust hanging out its side it rumbles nicely and at full throttle I recon its close to a F1 car.

I carnt wait to get back up there again.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Well when you decide to come up next time mate, drop us a line :thumbup: I'm only 25mins from the main part of the Coast! Would have liked to meet you when you were here, and indeed met your red "companion" :cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
His red companion had to stay in tassie. (and he thinks the flat battery was the cars fault hehehehehe)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Well just about now Laminge is heading for home. He and his little red companion are leaving our fair shore in search of greater happiness. Thanks Gary for the time you spent with me. I have learnt alot and I consider that I have made a good friend:)

I fear Laminge won't need a set cut for the Viper. I think we may have lost him for good. In the not too distant future we may have a Dodge member on our forums and the keys won't need to be cut.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
20 Participants
Rollin
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing