Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed we have our own little section but I don't see anyone coming here to talk about Lasers & TX3s so I wanted to know who else has one I know I've seen several people on here who do.

My story is I've owned 2 KF TX3s previously & now have a KE TX3 for a daily driver while I am trying to get my XD on the road again. While I'm a V8 man at heart I love my little TX3s they are fantastic little cars for what they are.

So cmon people let us know about yours.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Well I dont have a TX3 or that but I do have a very neat KE that is one great little car,but as time goes on it is almost time to update, I'm looking for a KQ SR/2 manual I love them they look so good.it would be a sad day though to see the KE go.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Well my first car was a KF TX3 Tiurbo AWD (saved fcukin hard for it to) which i had added a set of mags to before i rolled it an wrote it off, then i bought my bro's KF TX3 N/A Front driver which had an exhaust, mags an airfilter plus lowered springs an shocks, All koni's i think, it handled better than my Turbo but was firkin loud as shit with the exhaust he had on it so i sold it an bought my ED XR6 that i have now as i patiently wait till my ute gets slowly closer..........

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have a ke tx3, just got it. used to have a vn calais v8, but now im back at uni i cant afford to run it + insurance n stuff. love this little car, so economical :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Would any of you guys be interested in buying a twin cam injected motor and all the other stuff you need to do the conversion on a laser or mazda. Going cheap!

·
Registered
71 Posts
THELTD said:
yes im interested. how much, what do you get etc. suite ke?
YEAH I HAD IT IN MY KE. YOU GET THE MOTOR WIRING HARNESS AIRFLOW METER RADIATOR ENGINE MOUNTS A NEW SET OF EXTRACTORS FOR A $1000. SEND ME A PM

·
Piston Powered User
91 Posts
The Lasers are all very good.. My first car was a KC GL... Looked like a Ghia by the time i was finished with it...
Cant beat them for realiability and economy

I'm considering going back to a KE TX3 Turbo very soon.
I got the body kit sitting in my shed...
And i miss how fun they were to scoot around in

TIKFD6 said:
Yeah, it would look like a little XR
:p
Could be an XR 4 even :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey i have a 92 kh2 N/A TX3 i was wondering how expensive it was to lower my car. And What exhaust system would produce the best performance. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2.25 or 2 go nicly with the NAs with some decent 4-1 extractors.

Lower starts at ~$200 but you really should consider changing the shocks which are $200 each end to get a decent handling difference ( i paid about that for mine when i did my 4 door laser). Fit it yourself its not rocket science i did it with just the gregorys manual.

And yer i own two lasers.
92 KH1 S 4 door
90 KF2 TX3 AWD-T

About to sell the 4 door and considering a KE 4wd t for rally use with a mate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a 5 speed KB Ghia (NA) that would beat my girlfrends ED XR6 it pissed her off lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey, my instument panel wont light up!! we have checked the fuses etc and the indicator and fuel light etc all light up just not the tacho and speedo etc. we tried to take the insument panel out to see if it was a poor connection but we couldn't work out how to get it out. As in we unscrewed everything but when we tried to pull the unscrewed instrument panel out we couldn't get to the plugs holding it in, in the back. do u know how to fix this problem??

·
Registered
28 Posts
thats your speedo cable i would say holding in the clustor there are 2 ways.
1. Losen it from the gearbox then give yourself heaps more slack to put it out and see what you are doing.
2. run your hand up around the steering colum possibly cutting yourself but saving some time.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts