Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just joined.

Recently got a KC, nothing special about it but i am hoping to do something to it. Anybody got any suggestions, it does have a 2 1/2 inch cat back sport exhaust.

Any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a KB Laser Sports, twin carb 2 door hatch quiet a few years back. Fitted 15" ROH wheels and lowered it. Some old pensioner crashed into me as I was going through a roundabout so I got a free respray and it looked pretty tough. hehehe

The motor retired on me so I imported a Mazda Famiglia front end from Japan for $1300 complete with 1.5Lt EFI Turbo motor, gbox, computer, wiring loom. air con, intercoller etc. I could not beleive it but there were mounting holes, gaps exactly where i had to fit all the extra brackets and bits n pieces. Even the mount for the computer! Installed a VL fuel pump, custom exhaust, modified the head and this thing went like a rocket. It would spin the wheels
up to 3rd gear. The face of WRX, 2000SX and V8 owners was priceless as I passed them with a howling exhaust note. The handling and power was awesome up the Dandenong Hills in eastern melb.

I got to enjoy the car for a total of 6 mths before another car t-boned me and had it written off. Now I have to settle for an XR6 T........

·
Piston Powered User
91 Posts
Eza said:
I've just joined.

Recently got a KC, nothing special about it but i am hoping to do something to it. Anybody got any suggestions, it does have a 2 1/2 inch cat back sport exhaust.

Any ideas welcome.
A set of wheels goes a long way... Changes the whole look of the car

I had a set of 15's on my old KC... Looked really good

And get a dark tint too.. always a good thing

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
i have a stock as a rock 2000 model kn laser hatch :s5

·
Registered
6 Posts
2ndOwner said:
A set of wheels goes a long way... Changes the whole look of the car

I had a set of 15's on my old KC... Looked really good

And get a dark tint too.. always a good thing
thanks for the ideas.

Being a chick i like the idea of shopping even if its for mags and tint! :wnc:

15's you say, sounds good!

·
Piston Powered User
91 Posts
Eza said:
thanks for the ideas.

Being a chick i like the idea of shopping even if its for mags and tint! :wnc:

15's you say, sounds good!
15's are good in the fact that they are a decent size so they look good

And the Tyres are still at an affordable price, once you go over 15' tyres get more nasty in price... Not to mention you'd need thinner tyres...

Which can lead to damaging the rims easier(pot holes, ect.)

As for the Tint.. get a DARK Mafia tint... Then just say to anyone who questions it... "It was like that when i bought it" ;)

I've been getting away with it for years :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had a 92 KH2 TX3 N/A, white, but was stolen and haven't seen it to this day.

Since then, wish I had another one, it went so well, as good as my 96 XR6 which i've just sold.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a KE Laser....and i wouldn't trade it for the world. they are great little cars and i would get another one anytime

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
What would be a reasonable price for a stock 5 speed KE GL or Ghia ? Mechanicals dont really bother me as I can fix it but the body needs to be straight.
I'm assuming $2000 - $3000 would be on par?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a white 1991 KF TX-3, anyone who went to the all ford day would have seen it in the small ford section.

Good car, wouldnt mind upgrading to turbo though

·
Go My Little Red Laser...
18 Posts
Hey im a chik... and now i got something to talk bout, i recently brought a 93 kh 5 speed laser. Its pretty neat im lovin it.

I recently got a 2' sports exhaust put on, it sounds sweet and goes hard for wat she is.

Coming soon guna get some nice wheels on it and thats abuot it for now... i think :p

simone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have made some changes to my car, I got mags last week. :wnc:
They are only 14's though!

My car is already tinted as dark as it legally can be in SA.

It getting a respray on the front end some time soon too, its got some minor damage from being backed into or something ( the last owner did tell me), when thats done im going to put some better locks on it.

And for Christmas, even though im getting it in the next few months, im getting an MP3 player. It already has a 12 inch and 6x9's.

2ndOwner said:
15's are good in the fact that they are a decent size so they look good

And the Tyres are still at an affordable price, once you go over 15' tyres get more nasty in price... Not to mention you'd need thinner tyres...

Which can lead to damaging the rims easier(pot holes, ect.)

As for the Tint.. get a DARK Mafia tint... Then just say to anyone who questions it... "It was like that when i bought it" ;)

I've been getting away with it for years :D

·
TurbolaserS
49 Posts
Hey guys,good to see so many proud laser owners,i have a 92 KH Laser S Hatch,it was a N/A 1.8i but last february i dropped a tx3 turbo 1.8 in it,it now has a jap spec cpu,front mount intercooler,big exhaust,loud bov and its suprised more than one gen III owner,the look on there face is priceless.
Has ran best time of [email protected] mph over the 400m.

Attachments

·
BOSS 260
653 Posts
Hey everyone, i had a KF 1990 Tx3 up until october 03.
My brother bought it in 1997, and handed it over to me in 2001 non-turbo.
around the start of 2002, picked up a GTX mazda front cut,JAp ecu,everything included, and my brother converted it for me. Installed a Daikin Heavy duty racing clutch, BOV,air filter,turbo timer,boost gauge.
It looked pretty much standard only thing was it was lowered, got it all colour coded and repainted the bumpers aftr gettin the turbo done.
This car went veryy well, was an awesome little machine,you could easily lose traction wen u put ur foot down.
I had it for around 1 and a half years with the turbo and sold it in october 03', so i could get the xr8 ute. No regrets :) loves the v8's, but the tx3's were good little cars to run and get performance out of.
Tony

21 - 40 of 45 Posts