Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My tail lights leak!!! I am putting new speakers in the back tomorrow after I get them for Christmas and all, and when I took my system out of the back and pulled the plywood out, I found everything covered in water... Prolly an inch deep in the wheel well and at least that much by the jack.... So.... Drained the water with a Shop Vac and I'm getting ready to dry it.... My uncle(The guy who fixes all my car problems cuz he owns his own garage) said I'd need tail light gaskets... Ummm... Anyone know where I could find these? He said it's been leaking forever, you can see where it runs down, theres a big streak, and.... the water was all rusted... Can someone help me?! =)

Simon

·
Registered
165 Posts
the first word you dont want to hear... dealer
yeah i know ur pain
i work at az and i know cant get them
try making one out of foam try craft stores, hardware, and maybe you have some in your house
it like neoprem

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Many people use RTV sealant around the tail-lights to prevent this from happening. Also, you might want to try making a hole for the water to drain out if it ever happens again. Good luck.

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
112 Posts
all i have is one word for you "formagasket" comes in a tube and is available in colors to.I used it on my car since the ford probe has a nassty habbit of leaking by the tail lights.I also drilled holes in the bottom of the wheel well holder and side panels behind the wheels and put rubber plugs in them in case it ever leaks again.If you drill holes make sure to prime and repaint the area you drilled so it dont rust. :s6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts