Ford Forums banner

241 - 260 of 303 Posts

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
I don't know if anyone still likes Elvis or not but HBO is airing a new 2 part documentary on Sat night 4/14. They say its to be the most in depth documentary ever done on him. Supposedly the writer was granted access to the vaults and will be airing some unseen video footage, photos and artifacts. And yes Priscilla has her hand in it. ""Money-Honey""

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts
There has been a few articles in the papers over here .Mostly about Priscilla talking about his drug addiction . Great singer .

P.s
Remember the era when they used to call the singers " Crooners " ? Engelbert Humperdinck now 81 and still singing .

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Something's not right with the Roy Orbison video. I'm about 90% sure that's not him.

*edit - I looked up the definition of hologram. Duh, Brain Fart!

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts
It's when you go on YouTube and see all the links to the many singers , bands that are available free to listen to that you appreciate / remember how much great music is available for our enjoyment nowadays . I know I find it hard to stop jumping from link to link , especially with the older music .

I didn't realise how good Glen Campbell for instance was as a guitarist , few examples

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
I liked a lot of Glen Campbell's early music.Those old early Capital Records songs that were written by Jimmy Webb like Wichita Lineman, By the time I get to Phoenix & Galveston. Also like the stuff he recorded after his Alzheimer diagnosis. The stuff in between such as Rhinestone Cowboy I didn't care for much. He's buried a few hours south of me in him hometown of Billstown Arkansas.

He was a damn good guitar player & played with a lot of people including Elvis and The Beach Boys.

241 - 260 of 303 Posts
About this Discussion
302 Replies
18 Participants
CatSkinner
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing