Ford Forums banner

301 - 320 of 324 Posts

·
Administrator
8,261 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
That's an expensive annoying little gizmo...

I was chasing people around today with a toy baby shark that sang the baby shark song...

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
The "Man in black" is missed, along with Merle Haggard and so many others. Sadly, it seems that real country music has left the room with them.

·
Administrator
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Today's "country music" sounds just like the crap played on Top 40 pop stations. Guess Merle's was right when he asked, Are the good times really over for good?

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
Listening to Marty Robbins today, wondering who is going to replace guys like him? Patsy Cline, there were so many great ones back then!

·
Administrator
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Listening to Marty Robbins today, wondering who is going to replace guys like him? Patsy Cline, there were so many great ones back then!
I don't know, Bajarider. Seems to be only a few trying to keep it alive. Jamey Johnson is or was one. Not sure if he's doing anything nowadays. Marty Stuart is another.

Have you watched the Ken Burns documentary 'Country Music'? It was on PBS not long ago and is several parts at 2 hours each. Really good documentary, especially the Jimmy Rodgers and The Carter Family & ect. years.

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
And who the heck said it was a good idea to mix hip hop and country??

·
Super Moderator
1,251 Posts
JWKO, oh yes, I have watched the documentary over and over. I am proud to say my kids, the youngest is twenty (graduates from Air Force basic training Mar 13) only listen to country and oldies. I grew up on my Texas mom's Hank William's and Hank Snow records, Town Hall Party, and of course WSM on Saturday nights. Oh, and Jake and I love Celtic music, especially pipes (love the first post, Jim. LAPD has a pipe band, they are terrific!) My kids peers make fun of them for their music taste, but they do not bend, guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, even with music. We have traveled the J.P. Carter trail through the south just stopping at places to listen to the locals play "mountain music". Quite and experience! Have you been to Branson?
Marty Robbins El Paso, 1959 is like yesterday. The guy could drive too!

·
Administrator
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
I'm 52 years old and was brought up in the Van Halen, KISS , Metallica era, but in the last few years started getting into country music, the older stuff and some of today's Outlaw type such as Roger Alan Wade & Hank III.

Oh yes, I visit Branon several times a year. Its only about a 2 hour drive from here. Branson's not like it was a few decades ago. All the big names have either passed on or pulled out. Andy Williams was the last big act there until he died. Dolly Parton's Dixie, well they don't say that anymore, its just Dolly Parton's Stampede is still there. Jimmy Osmond bought the Andy Williams Blue Moon Theater but was listed for sale when I went to the Christmas show last year. But, its still the wife and my favorite get away place. We've often joked about moving up there.

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
Did you not see me ? .................I'm playing the pipes .That is during The Fringe at the Edinburgh Festival when it has all sorts of weird acts , shows and street performers from all over the world which attracts the visitors from all countries .

·
Administrator
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
I watched that one as well last night. I thought that was you! haha

301 - 320 of 324 Posts