Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 303 Posts

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Lance, you and I seem to share allot of the same interest in music. Out of curiosity, how old are you?

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Similar age to you. Im in my 40's. I managed to replace the non embedded Megalomanic clip with a live version..its quite good. I'm not as much into the country music as you but I did have alot of Lynard Skynard if that is counted lol. "Simple Man" is an awesone track

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK you blokes..I'm impressed. All the more reason to spend the big bucks on the dec 05 XR 8 I'll be picking up next week. I'll make sure I take some good music down in the plane for the cruise back up the coast.
Here's something a little more my vintage:

Yep, I'm showing my age a bit, but I can probably do a better wheelstand than you on my 1200 Buell. Maybe.

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You know, I'm 41 years old, I consider myself sort of a music guru, with music all the way bk to the 30's & 40's, but I have never heard of this band. Going to research right now :hy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some classic Australian rock history. I might put some more on occasionally that you might not be familiar with.

Like this:

or this:

or even this:

and one more as I head out the door:

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Anyone listen to Rory Gallagher?. I have started listening to some of my albums from a few years back now because of this thread haha. It's great haha

This track a Million Miles away I used to thrash alot..love listening to it again now although the recording only has the quality of that time. he even drives a Ford on this clip :priest:

And another recorded a little later so sound is better. It's a great clip

·
Administrator
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Very interesting info Rory Gallagher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1970s were Gallagher's most prolific period. He produced ten albums in that decade, including two live albums, Live In Europe and Irish Tour '74, which, for many, best captured his bands' raw and naturally dynamic qualities.[citation needed]. In 1972 he released the album Deuce, which is essentially three-piece R&B. Also in that year he was voted Melody Maker's Top Musician of the Year, ahead of Eric Clapton.[4] Live In Europe has been commercially successful not only in Ireland, but also internationally.

Gallagher played and recorded what he said was "in me all the time, and not just something I turn on ...". Though he sold over thirty million albums world wide, it was his marathon live performances that won him greatest acclaim.[3] His passion and skill for the blues is documented in the 1974 film Irish Tour '74, directed by Tony Palmer.

The line-up which included Rod De'Ath on drums and Lou Martin on keyboards, performed together between 1973 and 1978. Other release highlights from that period include Against the Grain, the jazz-tinged Calling Card album (assisted in production by Roger Glover (bassist with Deep Purple) and the hard blues-rock albums Photo Finish and Top Priority. Gerry McAvoy has stated that the Gallagher band performed several TV and radio shows across Europe, including Beat Club in Bremen and Old Grey Whistle Test.[5] Along with Little Feat and Roger McGuinn, Gallagher performed the first Rockpalast live concert at the Grugahalle, Essen, Germany in 1977.[6]

A dedicated follower of blues music, Gallagher played with many of the genre's biggest stars, collaborating with Muddy Waters and Jerry Lee Lewis on their respective London Sessions in the mid 70s. Gallagher was also invited to audition with The Rolling Stones following the departure of Mick Taylor and with Canned Heat after the departure of The Eagle. He was David Coverdale's second choice (after Jeff Beck) to replace Richie Blackmore in Deep Purple.

21 - 40 of 303 Posts
About this Discussion
302 Replies
18 Participants
CatSkinner
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing