Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 1993 bronco and i have have to replace the engine. it has a 351w/5.8l that's bone stock. i'm thinking of replaceing it with a 1993 lightning 351w/5.8l. will i have to change ahything else (i.e. injectors, computor, etc.). thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
computer,mass air and injectors on the L engine are different.
if your just going to use the long block you should be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a 93 "L" engine and trans in my 92 f150, stock was a 302 w/AOD. the hardest part was the tranny conversion......had to swap all the wiring from the donor truck into my truck, for the tranny controls. Still having some issues w/the ECU, also the Lightning is only 2 wheel drive, so i have some shifting issues in 4 low, but other that that.......HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
drw1331 said:
hi, i have a 1993 bronco and i have have to replace the engine. it has a 351w/5.8l that's bone stock. i'm thinking of replaceing it with a 1993 lightning 351w/5.8l. will i have to change ahything else (i.e. injectors, computor, etc.). thanks for any help.
351 is 5.4 liters. You would probably have to change everything, new wiring harness, the transmission that goes with it etc etc. It would be very costly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
351 is NOT 5.4L, it's 5.8

quote] Glad some body said it. I put a 5.4 from a e250 in my bronco motor had 35,000 on it. bought basically the whole van for 500.00 bucks had to replace harness, computer, tranny, drivelinehad to rewire the entire bronco.It was well worth it.cost another 500.00 for exhaust and drive shaft.:hy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts