Ford Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
94 Posts
Engine shot

Surely you would just buy one of these to be able to pop the bonnet and see the word "viper" written on the engine? I know I would if i could afford one haha

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I dont honestly think this truck will be priced against the Lightning, which retails for US$30K, this thing would have to be US$40-45k.

But Id reckon a 6.8L V10 supercharged in the Lightning would give this Dodge a run for its money...

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Martin said:
I dont honestly think this truck will be priced against the Lightning, which retails for US$30K, this thing would have to be US$40-45k.

But Id reckon a 6.8L V10 supercharged in the Lightning would give this Dodge a run for its money...
Hell yeah! I'd love to see Ford do that.

The Dodge chassis is a pretty poor one at that, so I hope for their sake this one's got some work done to it!

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
that dodge is pretty sweet though i dont like the lights they need to go up a bit higher it just looks a bit silly to me with too rectangular

the yellow thing i hate and couldn't pay me to drive it

anyone got an specs and times for the lightning here?

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
This Dodge Ram does nothing for me, personally I have hated the front end styling since it first inception.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ford Lightning specs.

5.4L SOHC Supercharged
[email protected]
[email protected]

Top speed 142Mph
I think Ford quote 14.0 for the 1/4mile, but owners are getting mid/high 13s stock with around 101mph trap speed.

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
The smaller Dodge RAM Pickup and the sibling Dodge Durango SUV (A bit bigger than a Grand Cherokee) are actually both very attractive in the flesh. The bigger Dodge RAM looks out of proportion near the headlights in comparison.

The Durango looks a little bubbly in the arse, but was streets ahead of the previous Explorer and Expedition in terms of looks. Pity it was so damn heavy and slow.

But the F250 and F350 look way better in the flesh than the bigger RAM Pickup.

Lukeyson

21 - 28 of 28 Posts