Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
LINCOLN NAVIGATOR 2004 V8
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

at the engine - driver side - near end to cabin ... is a black "box" at the side of the engine. Two tubes going in and there is a eletric plug.
The tubes coming from very down - looks like transmisson.
One inlet or outlet of this box is "burned" - the plastic is melt - the inlet/outlet is broken...
One tube is still going "in" (or out) - the other between this box and a lower connection point is "fall off" - because of burned outlet at the "box".

Can somebody tell me what is this "box" for? What part is it?

I was looking in my nice "HAYNES REPAIR MANUAL" - but I did not find it....

THANK's A LOT !!!!

Alexander
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Yellow Electrical wiring Automotive lighting

Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
LINCOLN NAVIGATOR 2004 V8
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now - one more question:

There are two hoses coming up from the big tube.
When I look from the side of the car (from tire) - there is a left one (comming out a bit more upper) and a right one (coming out more lower)....
When I detached the one remaining hose - it was crossed to the sensor outlets.(left to right - right to left).
I do not know - if this was correct ... or if it should be another way.
I have seen videos from FORD engines - it is much easier there - because the sensor is places mostly directly over the tubes and connected wich a short hose.
Here at the V8 Lincoln ... the hoses are longer and there is enoigh place to twist them ;-))))

At the sensor I can read "HI" and "REF" - so I guess it matters - which hose - to which outlet/inlet .....

Does anyone know for sure?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts