Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my mind, the best engine for 1953-56 F-100s is the biggest engine Ford had at that time, bored and stroked to the limit. The 1952-57 Lincoln Y-block 317-341-368 is that engine. The LYB has a 4.625 bore spacing, 10.94 block deck ht ( from crank center ), 5.152 cam to crank centers. The 368 has a 4.00 bore x 3.66 stroke, and can be bored to 4.125, and can take a 4.35 stroke with stock con rods. But I was thinking of a 4.375 bore x 4.50 stroke -541 CID custom cast, custom billet LYB. I dont have the $ to make it happen. 541 LYB specs : 1.50 piston pin ht, 0 deck clearance, 7.20 con rod length, 1.6 rod ratio, 10.95 block deck ht.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lukeh, thanks for the reply, good to hear from the land down under. Ive heard nothing but good things about Australia, if I were to travel overseas, it would be the first place Id want to visit. Ive heard that Ford is the #1 best selling car in Australia, which would go to show that you guys are more knowledgeable about cars than us in the states.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hey Gary and thanx!!...I would'nt say that we are more knowledgable about cars here in Australia though,and I would much rather the cars that you guys got in the States that we missed out on...instead of the ones we got here that you guys did'nt!! To many utes here and not enough coupes for example.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi gary that sound very nices to do to a y-block love to hear it running and yes if you travel australia would be a good places to start your travel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts