Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· BA Barracus
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of you who have modified their boss 5.4's, i have a question.
Are you still getting beaten off the mark by the red team??
Bearing in mind the extent of your mods and weight reductions if you have done any. :driver:

· Registered
81 Posts
HSV's or SS SV8's are slugs off the line. The problem is (especially the gen 3) is that they are so slow off the mark you don't think their going hard. Once they hit 3000rpm they go hard and you really need to hold all your gears to the limit to keep up. With a modded GT and about 1700 on the dial you will ususally beat a HSV off the line and get a good head start.

My opinion only.

GK

· BA Barracus
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my car is stock, and i know for fact that she puts out between 153-160kw at the treads. i have beaten a vx ss to 80kph before he went past me(i think it was an auto), and i was proud because she can be a bugger to get off the mark without bogging down or wheel spinning along with axle tramp, lol. I have a friend with a BA XR8 5 spd with full herrod exhaust, cold air induction, herrod suspension, and he said he still gets beaten by the red team, i guess his needs a tune up, but i can assure you it pulls very well off the mark, not half as hard as the supercharged one he test drove in adelaide(the one that was totalled by a certain car mag writer, you know who u are) :jester:

· Registered
347 Posts
AU2XR85.0 said:
my car is stock, and i know for fact that she puts out between 153-160kw at the treads. i have beaten a vx ss to 80kph before he went past me(i think it was an auto), and i was proud because she can be a bugger to get off the mark without bogging down or wheel spinning along with axle tramp, lol. I have a friend with a BA XR8 5 spd with full herrod exhaust, cold air induction, herrod suspension, and he said he still gets beaten by the red team, i guess his needs a tune up, but i can assure you it pulls very well off the mark, not half as hard as the supercharged one he test drove in adelaide(the one that was totalled by a certain car mag writer, you know who u are) :jester:
your mate definetly needs a tune. sine I hade mine done my biggest problem is traction. I can roll of at the lights and then stab the throttle and I will get whole load of wheel spin.... This morning I was cruising to work doing 70kph, light a head turned amber, I grabed second with a heap of herbs and I ended up wheel spinning through the lights, hehe

With and edit, these BOSS motors certainly don't suffer from lack of bottom end grunt........

G

·
Jabba said:
your mate definetly needs a tune. sine I hade mine done my biggest problem is traction. I can roll of at the lights and then stab the throttle and I will get whole load of wheel spin.... This morning I was cruising to work doing 70kph, light a head turned amber, I grabed second with a heap of herbs and I ended up wheel spinning through the lights, hehe

With and edit, these BOSS motors certainly don't suffer from lack of bottom end grunt........
Thats awesome mate

*Smacks dad over the back of the head for not having Edit yet!*

· BA Barracus
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife drives the car most of the time and its worth more in original spec even though its not a 220kw windsor, so it would be money wasted.
My old windsor has more torque down low than a genIII at low rpm, so i love to beat em across the lights, i enjoy that, and i dont speed much nowadays, cops are everywhere.

· Registered
347 Posts
AU2XR85.0 said:
My wife drives the car most of the time and its worth more in original spec even though its not a 220kw windsor, so it would be money wasted.
That is why I have kept every part I have changed(except exhaust), so when I come to sell, all the after market stuff comes off and the OME goes back on.... Then I can either sell the after market stuff or put on the next car I get.... But for me next time round I will more likely be getting a Tornado ute, so all the go fast stuff will be up for sale.....

This week I had 2 VY SS's and a Maloo 260 try and give me a run.................

I demoralized them....... They were not stock either.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.