Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a regular meeting with Geoff Polites. At today's meeting, he introduced me to this web site. He's a regular reader, and now so am I. You guys have a lot to offer and believe me, Geoff and Iwant to hear it. Keep it coming. Good or bad we'll read it and keep the chat going. Hear from you soon.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Hobbes said:
You'll have to put up with us folks from the Dark Side as well :)
I'm sure you guys will be suitably subdued when Ford keep up their round winning ways. :D

Welcome to the boards.:thumbup:

T

·
0 Posts
Good evening David,
Good to have you on board. This site will, I hope give you an insight into the true Ford fan that resides on this forum. By that I mean race fanatic and Ford car owner alike.

We all have the same goal in mind, and as I have said to Geoff, let's make this happen. Hope to see you in Oct for the tour, that Felicity is arranging.

Rgds "Doc"

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
David Flint said:
Hi. I have a regular meeting with Geoff Polites. At today's meeting, he introduced me to this web site. He's a regular reader, and now so am I. You guys have a lot to offer and believe me, Geoff and Iwant to hear it. Keep it coming. Good or bad we'll read it and keep the chat going. Hear from you soon.

Good to see you on here!:D:D

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I find it ironic that David Flint (senior Ford management) is described as a Junior Member!
Great to see our need for Therapy is paying off in some ways, and that Ford are so involving in what we have to say.
Can I have my XR8 now.... please..... pretty please....... :(

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
David Flint said:
It's great that your having a read here David. :thumbup:

Now how about slotting a 5.4L DOHC VCT engine with a tipronic gearbox, OK, a 6 speed will do :rolleyes:, into AV for me:mmm: :wink2: :p

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Welcome aboard David, good to see another ford exec listening in and participating.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome(s). Couple of points. I am not a senior Ford executive, I'm the MD of Tickford. I don't have the good fortune to be employed by Ford but I do work very closely with Geoff and his team. How do I get promoted from junior member?
I am intrigued by this plan to visit Ford and Tickford later in the year. Can someone let me have details of just what you're planning? Strikes me that we might need to a bit of planning.
Also, for reasons that you'll not need to know, Mr Polites calls me 'happy Jack'. If I can fathom out the way to alter my name on the web, this may be a little less formal.
Have fun.

T

·
0 Posts
David (happy jack)???? I'll leave that one alone

to change your name, you will have to re-inlist on the board again. as for your status as junior member etc, you may change that after you have done more than 10 posts to the forum.

rgds Doc.

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
to david and geoff........

About a year ago i was so pissed off with fords efforts (or lack of) that i decided to do something about it

I made the website www.geocities.com/insideford. I can now say that i disagree with most of what i wrote and believe ford are (mostly) doing all they can . I have a good feeling about the AV falcon

If it was not for me losing access to my website- lost password and username :( , i would have removed it by now.

PS. was this website known within the ford Oz empire? Just curious because that is what it was intended to do.

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Welcome David, great to see some of the Tickford crew joining in! :thumbup:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
David Flint said:
I am intrigued by this plan to visit Ford and Tickford later in the year. Can someone let me have details of just what you're planning? Strikes me that we might need to a bit of planning.
Doc's right David, you need to re-register your username to change it. As for changing titles and stuff, if you go into your profile there are a number of things you can change.

Any particular reason for the planning at Tickford? ;)
Discovery has all the details for the trip being planned. If there's anything you need to know, she'll be able to tell you about it. :D :thumbup:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Here here. Welcome aboard! Hopefully we can provide you guys "at the helm" with some useful insights or info, or at the very least, a few laughs :wink2: :thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
29 Participants
anakha
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing