Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever heard of "Little Red"? Apparently it was a 67-68 Shelby Coupe, rather than a fastback. The idea was scrapped in favor of the sportier looking fastback, but the design supposedly sparked models like the California Special. Anyone have any other details about it? Specifically pictures and specs?

M

·
0 Posts
According to my books there was 1 67gt500 and 1 68gt500 notchback prototypes. Where they are now is anyones guess!

·
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding was that they were destroyed. Now, we all know that just because that is what they "said" was done, does not necessarily mean the car made it all the way to the crusher. Example: Several years ago a man found one of the 6 or 7 prototype t-birds from the 50's in a junk yard. He restored is and Ford just about busted a nut trying to get it back from him to put in their museum. He wouldn't part with it, so they made a publicity deal out of it, and gave him the one millionth t-bird produced. Regardless, I would love to find some good pictures of it, or some specs on what they used.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
I love these type of stories like the one with the Bird found in the junk yard. Wish that would happen to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts