Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, get this, I was down at the waterfront with a friend this afternoon, and we decided to go for a walk.
We went past the docks where all the car containers come and and we saw a weird sight :eek: .
We saw two cars be loaded onto a truck, one was small, the other was large. - Both had heavy camoflague at the rear but not so much at the front. _ I was ver suspicious at this point :eek: .
The first car got it's own truck, which is very weird as it can take upto 6 cars, that truck speed away out the back exit. But the second, the larger one of the two, was heading towards us, when it came closer, I saw that it was a Holden, but not a normal one:eek: :eek: .
Could this be a future Commie testing in NZ? - because of it's track record in Aus??!!:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The above image shows how much of a hurry I was in!.
Heres the car...:eek:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a few things that sugest that this is not a normal car.
The fact that the cars were being off loaded in a " secure area " , the fact that the had HEAPS of camoflague at the rear, one car per truck that can hold upto 6 cars each, the speed of which the driver of truck two went when he saw us, the trucks used were not the normal ones, and the similarities between these two cars and the spy pics in motor mag a few months ago. - My mate had taken a lot more pictures than me (we both had cameras (me digital, him a proper one)) His pics will be developed soon, and hopefully with the rear! - The reason why I could'nt get more pics was the fact that in a Mavica, it takes about 5 seconds to record to disc each time, but my mate will have heaps, for sure.
Here are some pics of motor mag, look at the similarities...:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another from Motor...
(Does this make me a spy?? :eek: :D :D :D :D :nuts: )

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car has Calais type lights, but is very different. - Spyman, have you seen anything familar??!! I can't wait 'till we get 'em pics developed!!!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Pritesh - The top two cars are the new VX2 Calais's, though I'm not quite shore why they had lots of masking on them.

Did you get any pics of the smaller car?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J-type said:
Pritesh - The top two cars are the new VX2 Calais's, though I'm not quite shore why they had lots of masking on them.

Did you get any pics of the smaller car?
I am sure that it's not a Calais, althoguh it does look like it, it's not - I'm adimant. - And if so, why have all the masks, the secracy, the trucks...
And it had a Huge (bigger that normal) spoiler, it was obvious underneath the covers. - We'll get some great shots of it when the other pics are developed. The other small car wasthe one we did'nt get to see too much of, my mate and I were talking after that and we concluded it may have been the Monaro, geting ready for it's unveiling, but we 'ant sure.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Pritesh did you get a shot of the whole car?

More importantly did it have lower/shorter roofline than the normal sedan?

I can tell you if it is a sedan that it will be the new Calais, visable changes for the VX2 include a cross hatched grill and SS like black headlight inserts.

The fog lights are the same as on the VX1 and the wheels on the car featured in Motor are not VY items.;)

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
If it is a test mule, then why do testing so late in VX2 guise?

If it had a huge spoiler on the back, could it be something that was as secret as the Monaro, kinda like a latterday VL turbo?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO NO NO!!!:cussing: (they gotta amke smilies with steam coming outta your ears!) ;) ;) ;)
This was no normal car! - I know what cars look like when they are shipped and all that, but this was VERY SPYISH!!!:cussing: ;)
The first cars was for sure a coupe, the second was a sedan, both Holden. - I'll prove that it was'nt a normal car when we get the other pics! And if it is a normal Calais, how do you explain the things mentioned above?
I wanted to follow the truck but we can't run that fast!
:rolleyes: - Does anyone here work at the docks? - do you wanna admit soimething??:D :D

·
lens boy
71 Posts
G'day prishy

Don't post them images on here, before you find out what the cars are, no disrepect to other here but the media boys watch this site like mad.

And if you have a scoop? i can best help you make money on it for you and your mate.

As for the rear bagged cars they could have VY rears on them, they do this sometimes,
And the little car could be the YGM car as it is nothing like the show car in look's.

The coup well it would be good to sell to the papers cos most mags are on deadline before motorshow.

So when you and your mate get them contact me and we'll take it from there.

Regards...spyman

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
VX2 Calais for sure.

I'm sure the taping is done to all new cars when they leave the factory, I have seen the same taping in the same place on VT's when they were released and were being delivered to dealers etc.

·
lens boy
71 Posts
sorry mate its only the new camry i shot 6 months ago in port melb.

Regards spyman

But remember the pic you want to see is in the wings.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, heres the deal.
Just had the other pictures developed, it shows clearly a huge spoiler, and what seems to be side exhausts. The rear is heavily disguised and you can't see much, but I bet my life that this is not a normal Calais. My mate won't let me post the pics here, and that may be a good idea, they are his photo's and I have to respect that. Oh, and you guy's would'nt believe the kind of people that look at these boards. Spyman, you have mail.;)

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
Okay, heres the deal.
Just had the other pictures developed, it shows clearly a huge spoiler, and what seems to be side exhausts. The rear is heavily disguised and you can't see much, but I bet my life that this is not a normal Calais. My mate won't let me post the pics here, and that may be a good idea, they are his photo's and I have to respect that. Oh, and you guy's would'nt believe the kind of people that look at these boards. Spyman, you have mail.;)
So the thing with side exhausts, was that the coupe or the sedan??? Anymore info on what it was yet???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts