Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please point me the right direction if i am blind

I have looked but cant find anything on the subject.

Now that I have leather seats in my new baby .. I obvioulsy want to keep them nice and healthy looking

What is the best way to keep then clean and protected from the sun etc... anything special I should do or any really good products that are about ?

Cheers

Chris

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
Yeah go and Buy some Leather cleaner/conditioner. Meguries Is really good. Helps to keep the leather soft and suple. Do them about once a week at the least..

If you just leave them they will dry out and crack over time.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
also, have a look at Mothers products, they are ment to be quite good. We have a paint fixing place next to us at work, and i asked if i could buy polish that they used, and he gave me the most obvious hint to use Mothers stuff. My dad uses it on his seats, and beware your seats will b slippery wot eva u use. plus it will get on your clothes and they will b slippery!!! it doesnt stuff your clothes up or anything

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ello Ford EL

I have an EF S2 Ghia with leather seats. As the others have mentioned the mothers stuff is good and smells good too. I use it on me seats. However once a week is a bit much IMO. I think if you do them well once every 3 months is fine, and maybe to the drivers seat a little more often if you are picky

Warra

·
Registered stingy user
208 Posts
I have Gosh leather in mine. Every month I use Blackman & Sons to rejoov it. Great stuff. Gosh is very expensive leather and I've found this stuff makes em brand new. As I said, once a month spray some on the seats and rub in with your hands, I prefer not to use a cloth - skin on skin - it absorbs better. I don't know if you have window tint, this also helps. Try get a tint with 70 UV protection. It's not as dark but it blocks all that shit u dont want on ur leather.

My .02 GL

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got myself some mothers the other day and used it, great stuff, comes up quite nite, might try the rubbin in by hand trick next time and see how that goes.

No tint yet resty, thats next on my list to come asap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts