Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really needing help. I bought this 1992 ford f-150 with a 4.9, even though Im a chevy man. I dropped my kids off at school this morning and came out and heared the truck starving for oil. When I got to the truck I found no oilpressure on the gage. I shut it off and restarted it after a few minutes. Had 45 psi oil pressure. I headed to work from there and the pressure dropped to no oil pressure again. (luckly I work 1/4 mile from the school) Anyone out there have any suggestions? Ive changed the oil 2 times since Ive had the truck with in 50 miles. Thanks for your help Mark

·
Hi-Tech *******
1,486 Posts
Sounds like you are losing oil presssure to me if you can hear the engine "starve" for oil. If you changed the oil, then that rules out the filer being plugged.

Sounds like an oil pump failure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If Sufficient Oil In The Engine Is Confirmed, Sounds Like The Oil Pump Inlet Screen Is Partially Clogged (carbon Build Up)... Remove The Engine Oil Sump And Check For Screen Cleanness. Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 95 f150 where it did the exact same thing my pickup tube screen was cloged shut. I replaced the oil pump, pickup tube, and put a new gasket on runs great so dont rule that out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts