Ford Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw this message on my dash and went to a tire shop to have it checked out, All tires were right at spec. Nevertheless I keep getting the message at startup and have to manually click OK to make it go away. Thoughts?
Thanks...

·
Super Moderator
10,245 Posts
Have you had the vehicle for a while and it just started doing it? If you changed tire pressure from when you got it, that might set it off. Over the years, Ford has had some strange ways of setting tire pressure. We used to get our vans with 36 psi from the factory and by the time the tools were loaded on, we had to pump up the tires and reset the TPMS for the new value.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had the vehicle for a while and it just started doing it? If you changed tire pressure from when you got it, that might set it off. Over the years, Ford has had some strange ways of setting tire pressure. We used to get our vans with 36 psi from the factory and by the time the tools were loaded on, we had to pump up the tires and reset the TPMS for the new value.
Thanks for the reply, I've owned the car since March of 2021 and haven't done anything to it except change the oil...

·
Super Moderator
10,245 Posts
We've had rare occasions where the TPMS system lost what it remembered the set pressure is, try resetting the set pressure. Here's the procedure for the system to "relearn" the system pressure. Just make sure that the tire pressure is correct before the procedure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We've had rare occasions where the TPMS system lost what it remembered the set pressure is, try resetting the set pressure. Here's the procedure for the system to "relearn" the system pressure. Just make sure that the tire pressure is correct before the procedure:
Thanks for this, I'll give it a shot...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently saw this message on my dash and went to a tire shop to have it checked out, All tires were right at spec. Nevertheless I keep getting the message at startup and have to manually click OK to make it go away. Thoughts?
Thanks...
Go to Fordtechmaculoco on you tube. Just type that in. its the wireless sensors picking up signals. Your phone charger or any device can cause this. Maybe, maybe not. My 09' Escape does this and I got "tired" clearing the TPS. You can clear that just from the ignition key too or with a scan tool with correct procedure. Look it up. You can also eliminate that light with other methods. I just don't care anymore, let it stay on. FORD, yep...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks...
Check your spare tire pressure. My escape spare tire was low on air and showed up on the dash. Filled it with air and fixed the problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts