Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Replacing schocks all round on an XR6 (KYB's). Any advantage fitting lower springs at the same time, ie kings superlowes, don't care about the looks, any real handling gains or other benefits.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Lowering a car lowers it's center of gravity and typically reduces body roll.
However going to far can reduce bump travel to levels which will have the car handling very odd indeed. It will also cause the ride to be harsh.

Standard height XR's can usually be lowered a little further, 'superlow' springs are required.

Rick.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
yes they handle a lot better, ride flatter, feels like a 'lighter' car, if you know what i mean.

provided you dont have to negotiate any VERY nasty driveways they are awesome :s6:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys, decided to get it done anyway.Picked it up today, sits alot lower than I thought, intitial impression is quiet good. I see what you mean about feeling lighter. Not a huge handling improvement over standard Xr suspension, maybe to early to tell.
Cheers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link mate, some of those comments about the height dropping further after a month or so is starting to worry me, the bloody thing is low enough as it is. Anyway might be time for some rolled front guards, never stops does it.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
i wouldnt worry about rolled guards just yet unless u have big fat wheels... not like my stockers... just the mudspats are in for a gratering if neone else hops in the car :p lol

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
if your talkin bout mine... scroll down to the 14th and 15th posts... dunno if u were tlkin to me or pins :S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts