Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question for you guy's. does anyone know if the 1999 AU can be lowered, if so, who, what, when, where, how and why.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah it will be able to be lowered at Pedders...

They need to be dumped cos all FORDS sit too damn high!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pedder's is a swear word on this board.....not a good idea to mention it, some of the boy's will get upset.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dare you to post that on the smurf website.....(lol)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah they can be lowered no problem. Various springs on the market will do the job. Mines lowered but the exhaust (twin 2.5) needed to be shifted slightly to avoid the rear inner guard

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HSE2 how does that effect the cradle the diff is in. I've got IRS in this thing.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
so have I. Mine is not that low that it should be a problem. Laminges is lower than mine. I wanted the gap from the rear reduced but I wanted to get around town with out taking out the front

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so what your saying is four springs should do it. and bending the exhaust a tad. any idea of costs for the springs, I've already got a workshop so the labour I'll do myself.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
DOC:
Talk to David Falson at EastCoast Suspensions. He can source the King Springs to do the job. Mine will be visiting there some time after I get it. He was able to give me a great mix setup for the EA to give best ratio of ride heights front to rear.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah the only advice I would give is that you need to consider changing the dampers to match the new spring rate. As most people know cutting springs is a no no, but I have recently been told of a process of heating the spring while under compression to shorten the active lenght. To me this is starting to head in the same direction as cutting.

King seem to be the items of choice for many and they match them to Koni in most circumstances. 9/10 times you will find that they have the damper settings on the softest.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Pedders are butchers, but cheap, perhaps that is why they say, no bull.............no lamb, no chicken, just cheap nasty suspension.

Stick with kings and koni's.............

Jas

·
Registered
453 Posts
hoich said:
Yeah it will be able to be lowered at Pedders...

They need to be dumped cos all FORDS sit too damn high!!!!
Where are the Product Development guys when you need them?:?:

Hopefully this will be addressed with the AV :?:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts