Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning to all, I'm new on this forum. I have a really nice 2012 E-150 Cargo Van. I would like to know information about lowering the van, not to the ground but a few inches just to fit on my garage. I can put in the whole front till half of the roof. Any suggestion on how to lower the rear a few inches, without compromising anything on the van? Fixing the garage is not an option for now. Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
965 Posts
Do you normally load it with anything heavy? If not thats why the rear is higher. I wouldn’t recommend doing anything to the rear as it will compromise the suspension travel when loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you normally load it with anything heavy? If not thats why the rear is higher. I wouldn’t recommend doing anything to the rear as it will compromise the suspension travel when loaded.

Thank you for reply. I do not carry anything heavy on it at all. But I won't want to compromise the suspension either. I'm thinking maybe a change on wheel and tires could help. Open to ideas... Thank you

·
Super Moderator
965 Posts
Thank you for reply. I do not carry anything heavy on it at all. But I won't want to compromise the suspension either. I'm thinking maybe a change on wheel and tires could help. Open to ideas... Thank you
That was my next suggestion but that would defeat the purpose the stock tires were designed for. You wouldn’t have as much sidewall. And your speedometer would need to be recalibrated.

·
Super Moderator
20,327 Posts
Doubt changing wheels and tires would give you sufficient clearance apart from other possible problems .Lowering the height would also be headache on that vehicle apart from the expense and complications . I think you will have to leave it out or change the vehicle .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the input. I will have a professional to look into my garage, possible lift the garage. Hopefully I can do something, changing the vehicle is an alternative, not sure... again thank you all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts