Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ED XR6 in progress
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im relatively new to the modifying cars, and i was wondering what i need to lower my falcon(its an ED XR6). i mean in terms of springs, shocks, etc. i'm looking at pedders suspension kits, if any1 has a suggestion itl be much appreciated, does anyone no the rough cost involved to complete this.
thanks

·
Tough EB
29 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I did mine. Real question is how low do you want to go? I have used King Spring Super Super Lows all round and Ultima Shocks all round. This has lowered it so the guard is just off being level with the top of the tyre.
Pedders has kits that go lower if that's what you want, and the pedders kits are a more cumfy ride. But they're more expensive as well.
All up for me it cost around $750 fitted.
Hope this helps...

XR-6000

·
Registered
5 Posts
ey how r ya.. i just lowered my 96 ef ford with king springs ultra lows.. i didnt change my shockers or nething and the ride is still smooth... the springs only cost my $250 and $70 to install i guess it just depends if u want it done cheap or not.. mine sits about an inch into the wheel arch on 15's

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
ultralows + std shockers? I call BS on your ride being smoothe! It would be rock hard and you'd just about go through the roof when rebounding off potholes!

If you go any lower than lows, I strongly recommend you get shockers to suit, to improve the ride height & so that you don't have f**ked shocks 3 months down the track (like I did :p)

Here's a couple of threads from another forum on guard rolling (if required) and lowering FAQs.

E-Series Owners Club • Login <-- Lowering
E-Series Owners Club • Login <-- guard rolling

·
Tough EB
29 Posts
Ghia5L said:
ultralows + std shockers? I call BS on your ride being smoothe! It would be rock hard and you'd just about go through the roof when rebounding off potholes!
Exactly right Dave. :hy:

And good work METALMULISHA for your threadmining techniques! Over a year old.. :wank2:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Just coz you like it rock hard Damo...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts