Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW CAR REVEALED FOR BATHURST

Gibson Motorsport will roll into Bathurst next month, confident of a stand out performance thanks to a brand new Ford Falcon V8 Supercar.

Designed and built from the ground up by the Melbourne based team under the watchful eye of team principal, Fred Gibson, the new racer is set to turn heads with new livery and immense on-track potential.

"We can't reveal too much just yet, but we're sure the response is going to be fantastic when people get a look at this car," Fred Gibson said.

"Not only does it have a completely new look, it also has the performance potential to be the new benchmark in the V8 Supercar field, and with drivers like Lowndes and Crompton we're very confident it's capable of conquering the mountain."

Craig Lowndes joined the team early in 2001 and the young Queensland-based driver has been quick to impress the engineers behind the scenes during the design and build process.

"It's been a learning year to date and I just can't wait to get into the new Falcon to finish the year off with a bang," Craig Lowndes said.

"The team's existing car has had its performance high’s and low’s throughout the season, but racing a V8 Supercar that's been purpose built by the team will give us the final step up to become contenders everywhere we go."

"I can't wait to hit the mountain and show what it's really capable of…I'm sure our fans won't be disappointed!"

The new Gibson Motorsport Ford Falcon XR8 racer will make its
debut at the Bathurst 1000, round 11 of the 2001 Shell Championship Series.

I can't wait to see the new car :nuts:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
The cars gonna have a new paint job!!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I think the new head designer at Ford Oz is the guy responsible for the new GMS paint scheme, it will be interesting to see what it is like because personally I think the current livery is one of the best in the field.:cool:

Good luck to all Ford drivers this weekend at Winton, hopefully another round win is there for the taking.:cool: :D :nuts:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sounds ominous, they have an absolute bucketload of confidence in the performance of the new car - I cannot wait :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
I hope the team does really good this weekend. It will be interesting to see what the new paint job on the car looks like. Maybe they have another sponser?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Space Lord said:
I hope the team does really good this weekend. It will be interesting to see what the new paint job on the car looks like. Maybe they have another sponser?
The new paint job and the new car will debut at Bathurst;)

·
Registered
880 Posts
We just got the 00 Falcon in 1:43 scale at work a few weeks ago to sell in our shop. I guess we will have to order more in now with the new paint job.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Space Lord said:
We just got the 00 Falcon in 1:43 scale at work a few weeks ago to sell in our shop. I guess we will have to order more in now with the new paint job.
I'll take the old ones off your hands, at no cost too!!!:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Space Lord said:

Good try. I'll tell you what. You can have them for $40.00 each. Hows that? :rolleyes:
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed to day, the misses would not be impressed...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Space Lord said:

by the way, today is one word and not two.:nuts:
HEY! - We've only just done our ABC's!!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

·
708 Posts
just picked up lowndes car model 1:18 scale biante from ford today. detail is fantastic right down to the incar cameras. not sure that changing the paint scheme on the new car is the right thing to do just yet. the way the paint is now has been well recieved and has been a major contributer to the amount of fans that the team has.
you only have to look cues for team merchandise at the track to see how popular the team is. must have made truck loads of cash out of merchandise. So i hope the new car is going to have the same impact as the first one did.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Noddy - does it have an opening bonnet and detailed engine? Or is it another interior only thing which has no opening doors or anything? The older series of 1/18th models was a downright ripoff - no opening parts, no engine, no turning wheels.. :fmad:

I have yet to see a more detailed and better model than my 1/18th R34 GTR Skyline!!

·
708 Posts
the car has opening doors boot bonnet. detail is amazing. rubber slicks, cast alloy wheels, wiring in the engine bay. the list goes on. biante premium models are the only models i have seen that go to that detail. well worth the $160.00 asking price. i will be picking up a johnson no. 17 car this week as well. i will pop down to djr to get him to sign the roof.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
On the paintjobs, I have to say the FTR colours they had on their first cars (the metallic blue) was sensational. Now look at them - they are downright ordinary!

Let's hope GMS don't go the same way...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts