Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V8 ace Craig Lowndes will next year lead a new Ford super team being secretly assembled by Sydney-based multi-millionaire team owner Bob Forbes.
It has been uncovered that a radical plan to reinvent the squad as Ford's answer to the all-conquering Holden Racing Team:s6:
with 2 AUII XR8 Falcons getting prepared for Lowndes and Crompton and also the(spin king) Rodney Forbes.
They will get all the latest technology from overseas, possibly from Jaguar F1 .
But the bad news is that Fred Gibson will leave GMS at the end of the year with Bob Forbes taking over :BW:

Watch out HRT, here comes the Blue oval

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
If Bob Forbes is running things, then will it be called BFR? If so, Mike and I will sue on the grounds it's far to close to our already successful BSR. :s6:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Venom XR said:
If Bob Forbes is running things, then will it be called BFR? If so, Mike and I will sue on the grounds it's far to close to our already successful BSR. :s6:
Damn Straight!! And as a ticketed BSR driver I'll be claiming one of those driving positions too just quietly.. :s6:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Ford Man said:

Damn Straight!! And as a ticketed BSR driver I'll be claiming one of those driving positions too just quietly.. :s6:
With myself as the other driver and Mike as the team boss, that's right!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discovery said:
... I assume there is also a position for me on this team. :hit:
Ahhh so the members of Team Girlie are wantinmg to defect to the real winning team then do they??.. I'm sure we could get you to sweep up the workshop floors or something..

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discovery said:
... I assume there is also a position for me on this team. :hit:
Grid girl! We have a BSR HPC coated bikini lined up for you to wear. :s6:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Venom XR said:

Holey Moley!!! I'm a few years and a few kilos past grid girl I think!! *considers going on diet while reaching for a chocolate coated biscuit*

:cheer:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Venom XR said:

.... Oh yeah, XR8 DAZ Please destroy any pictorial evidence you may have of my former racing career position :shh:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
XR8 DAZ said:
Geez Chucky , youre lucky Roxane doesnt has access to a computer...........
Hehe.. I know.. I'm being a little cheeky today considering we came in 3rd!!!!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discovery said:
.... Oh yeah, XR8 DAZ Please destroy any pictorial evidence you may have of my former racing career position :shh:
Daz... ---> [email protected]

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
253 Posts
gms00 said:
V8 ace Craig Lowndes will next year lead a new Ford super team being secretly assembled by Sydney-based multi-millionaire team owner Bob Forbes.
It has been uncovered that a radical plan to reinvent the squad as Ford's answer to the all-conquering Holden Racing Team:s6:
with 2 AUII XR8 Falcons getting prepared for Lowndes and Crompton and also the(spin king) Rodney Forbes.
:BW:

Watch out HRT, here comes the Blue oval
I wonder how long Lowndes will stay with the team?
Did he know about the ownership set-up before he signed? He thought that he was on the ride with Freddo but ends up with Forbes; who has an ongoing relationship with Crompton and has paid for his spin kid to race.
Me thinks there will be further Ford team changes within a few years.
Ford wouldn't put Ambrose and Lowndes on their payroll just to have them race other teams cars. 2003 they will be team mates in a factory Ford/Tickford/Prodrive super team

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
And GTHO hit's the nail straight on the head.:s2:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
If Gibson and Forbes both have Level One franchises and Gibson is leaving how can they continue to call the team Gibson Motorsport? What's the bet that Gibson goes over to the dark side?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Mr GTHO said:
Ford wouldn't put Ambrose and Lowndes on their payroll just to have them race other teams cars. 2003 they will be team mates in a factory Ford/Tickford/Prodrive super team
God I hope you're right.. It can't keep going much longer the way it is now surely..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Falchoon said:
If Gibson and Forbes both have Level One franchises and Gibson is leaving how can they continue to call the team Gibson Motorsport? What's the bet that Gibson goes over to the dark side?
I thought Fred Gibson signed a 5 year deal with Ford the same day Lowndes did. This is nuts..

·
Registered
880 Posts
I hope they don't change the 00 Falcon paint job with this mess going on. Reason? I just got myself a GMS/Lowndes rugby top and i haven't even worn it yet (damm geelong weather) Thank god for the employee price.
But really the whole thing seems to be falling apart at the seams. Lets hope they get their s**t together and whoop some ass next year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts