Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so recently I had to put a new engine in my XF. Got it all going sweet.

But then yesterday coming home from work she just lost all power.. like if I opened the throttle any more than cruising she just wouldn't go.. I tired in 2nd and that was worse. Not long after it just crawled to a stop.
From there it would start up and idle for a bit but if I put my foot down it would stall.
Then it wouldn't even start.

I checked spark it was fine, dizzy hadn't moved. All vital signs good.

It really felt like I'd run out of gas so I towed it to a station and filled it up.

still won't go. I disconnected the input to the carb and tried to start it and no lpg.
I've disconnected the vacume signal to the converter/regulator (impco) and sucked on it and nothing. For some reason the lpg just ain't flowing.
I've purged the tank and still nothing.

am I correct in thinking that the converter is blocked with that wax or something? off to the mechanics then??

· Registered
31 Posts
If your gas convertor has blocked you'll get the systems you describe, the water side can block up, then the pressure change will ice up the insides and block the flow, check for coolant flow.
there is a possibility that oil can condense in the convertor and possibly plug the ports, but I doubt that. check you lock off, has the LPG fuse blown?
A7M

· Registered
31 Posts
The LPG system should have a fuse somewhere, it depends on who did your install. The lockoff is contolled by the fuses, there is usually a few of them, one at the LPG vessel outlet, one at the filter and possibly one on the inlet to the gas convertor. they controll the flow of liquid fuel.
A7M

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, discovered a blown fuse, when my LPG wouldn't click over from Petrol. I replaced the fuse and it seemed to click over, so i went inside. The next day when i started it the fuse had blown again - could it be the starter switch? Or something bigger? You seemed to know what you are talking about in your replies to this thread.

any help would be aprecaited cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.