Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 2wd ranger with a 3.0 v-6. Even after putting snow tires on it it's still horrible. I spin one wheel while the other one sits there in a place where it could get some traction all the time. Currently I have a 7.5 inch 3.73 open differential and would like to swap it for a 4.10 8.8 inch Limited slip differential. I have a few questions like where should I start looking? I don't want to spend tons of money to get a rear end bc the truck isn't worth that much. Will the 8.8 inch bolt right up in the exsisting location? Approximately how much would one be from a junkyard? What year rear ends from Rangers will bolt up to mine?

Second I would like to know what performance products are good for the 3.0?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm pretty sure 93+ axles are the same. Probably a better shot at finding a L/S rear in a 4x4. Explorer axles can be made to work but you have to change the spring and shock mounts and it's about an inch wider. You can also put a L/S in the 7.5". Probably an equal amount of work either way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
try putting the parking break on aobut three clicks. it will put drag on the spinnig wheel and then send the power to the other wheel eaton makes a LS slip dohickey for our 7.5 rear ends

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any 4.0 Ranger will have the 8.8, and you can just check the tag to see if it's LS or not. Junkyard is your best bet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts