Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BLOWNXD
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just wanted to know if anyone here knew what these were and what was the difference over a base model fairlane LTD, my mate picked one up unlicensed for 700 in good cond. straight as just wants to what it might be worth??
cheers

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
XD408 said:
Hi

I just wanted to know if anyone here knew what these were and what was the difference over a base model fairlane LTD, my mate picked one up unlicensed for 700 in good cond. straight as just wants to what it might be worth??
cheers
I remember them, they were all gold werent they? Cartier is a brand of expensive (bad taste) hand bags, watches etc. from France????

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
As I recall full yellow leather interior with matching Cartier purse and keychain or something similar but I will check my 1981/82 motor magazine collection for the ad and let you know. Really nothing special without the Cartier accessories.

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
OK found and ad (took some time it seems the ads were run in the Financial Review and BRW rather than motor mags; I guess that says something about the target market - anyhow found a copy in my brochure drawer ex Financial Review Thursday October 1979): First released 1979. Gold (well the ad says metallic champagne with burgundy stripes) in paint colour with a Cartier lady's leather purse, Cartier leather travel wallet (map folder) and Cartier leather key case. Cartier motif on rear bodyside, bootlid and rear quarter glass. Interior was crushed velour seats and door facings or champagne leather seat facings, console lid and glove box lid with burgundy stripe trim. There was also a champagne colour keyed steering wheel. Carpet in boot and on rear parcel shelf (WOW!). 4.1 litre 6 or 5.8 litre V8. 3speed auto with all the usual LTD extras.

·
BLOWNXD
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep thats it its got the full boot carpet moulded round the rear tailgate etc... leather seats but not quite the news we wanted to hear, wouldnt be worth much more than an LTD i guess then?? cheers for your help identifying it anyway :)

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
I don't know it's got to worth something extra to have your mate walking around clutching a cartier lady's purse. :evil_lol:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well Ford seemed to think they were pretty special in 1981....

They wern't limited in numbers at all though so wouldn't be worth any more than a standard LTD, perhaps less due to that terrible colour scheme.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
They came with a moonroof as well didn't they?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
mmm sweet! I'd love a ZK LTD (FC?) with a moon roof and a black/cherry pearl duco... I'd use it to go MILF-hunting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts