Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2,153 Posts
There are still some XBs going around, but unless they have been rebuilt they would be getting very old by now. I used to own a 1978 XC, which had done around 900,000km before I finally got rid of it.

In Sydney I have seen somebody driving around in one of the yellow Falcons (see last picture in above link). I doubt it was real.

There is a company in the US that is importing XB GT Coupes from Australia. I don't think they were cheap once they come across, but I guess you end up with a unique car, with readily available engine parts.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The XA-XC Falcon Coupe, Sedan, Wagon and Ute came with a 200ci inline 6, 250ci inline 6 (longer stroke version of the 200ci) 302ci V8, and 351ci V8 (Clevelands)

The GT Sedan and Coupe had only the 351ci and was only available in the XA-XB models (1972-1976) They had around 310Hp or so(??).

Oh and there would have been a 400Hp+ GT Falcon then, but the Aussie Government at the time didnt want 150Mph+ 'supercars' available to the public :(

J

·
0 Posts
I think the GT was just shy of 300hp and try
Http://www.madmaxmovies.com

Got a bunch of info about the car and links to ppl who have made rep's. Also links to a few pages about the greatest cars ever XA-XC coupe. :)

And I still drive one (a Goss XB coupe) and it's looking ok, though like all 25 yr old cars it needs lot of money thrown at it :(

·
We Love Greb Murpy
3,022 Posts
just let it die peoples... let it die.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mad Max was a bloody fantastic movie
I would have done anything 2 get my hands on the interceptor.
I think that the first was the best instalment.
loved the chase scene at the begining against the GTS monaro.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In a either a performance Ford or Street machine a while back they had an article on the Mad Max Cars. They're still around. There's meant to be a mad max replica car club in Aussie somewhere I think. Ford also made the Landau Coupe which featured in the Mad Max movies as well. :notwthy:

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
MAD MAX 2 should be a part of australian school education. speaking of mad max, no: 4 was supposed to start shooting soon. bubba and the boys will be back, and cundaliny will get a boinic hand...

·
Registered
382 Posts
vn2dy4 said:
Mad Max was a bloody fantastic movie
I would have done anything 2 get my hands on the interceptor.
I think that the first was the best instalment.
loved the chase scene at the begining against the GTS monaro.
I recall a unique cars mag around 10 years ago that had (apparently) a legit interceptor for sale ~$5000 mark. Was going to pick it up but had nowhere to store it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts